Terminator Arm Doing Everyday Tasks

Is this directly connected to his nerves or just given commands based on muscle twitches?

I believe it's muscle twitches, and I'd imagine what we're seeing here is the results of many many months of extremely diligent training to get a natural feel for it. He would have had to unlearn everything about naturally using his right hand.

Yeah, cool guy, cool video.

Is this directly connected to his nerves or just given commands based on muscle twitches?

We're still quite a long ways before directly controlling prosthetic limbs via our own nerves. There is progress being made as we speak. I forget which institution or university that had a working prototype, and may have been MIT or something equivalent of that caliber.

At the moment, is practice and muscle twitches. Maybe within the next decade I would hope research has gone far enough and technology has advanced enough that our brain controls prosthetic limbs so that movement is more natural. We're just limited by our time and our current technology.

I now have a sudden urge to replay Deus Ex HR :D

Cool to think we just might see nerve-controlled augmented limbs around the timelene of DE:HR :eek:

loved the part when he attached his hand... sounded almost like a shotgun being cocked... speaking of which, I wonder if they've considered making a gun attachment

loved the part when he attached his hand... sounded almost like a shotgun being cocked... speaking of which, I wonder if they've considered making a gun attachment

I think they first need the Chainsaw attachment. S-Mart can surely sell a few.

Back