Microsoft's Future Vision: Live, Work, Play

5 years? HA!

Maybe for the filthy rich only and the commercial seemed to be targeting that anyways...

nah, that is just a projector base mutlitouch system, you can use NUI and build it ur self, so it is not for the filthy rich but rather for those who is "capable"

Microsofts vision vs reality

Vision do all this standing vs Reality I would rather sit and do my work and relax.
Vision stand and cook and oh do things standing. Realiy long day at work you think I really want to stand and play games on a touch screen

I know I'm missing out on a lot of women because of that (there are too many of them!), but I don't have a thing for Asian women as some people do.

So I guess I'm stuck on the past... thanks Microsoft. :)

5 years? HA!

Maybe for the filthy rich only and the commercial seemed to be targeting that anyways...
Its career minded top executives making a video for the benefit of the board of directors. <- MS recent behaviors stem from this.

Hope mommy and daddy password protect their private home movies. If not it could be slightly embarrassing at story time.

Standing and using my gigantic touchscreen computer? I don't think so. I really don't understand this massive hardon that marketing departments have for touchscreens.

Standing and using my gigantic touchscreen computer? I don't think so. I really don't understand this massive hardon that marketing departments have for touchscreens.

Only way to get our fat and lazy asses out of the chair.

What, no version with asian male and white female?

5 years? HA!

Basically..regular people won't be seeing that kind of integration for another 20 years minimum.

Because they look cool as hell. Unfortunately outside a handheld device they suck horribly after 5 minutes but that doesn't sell the marketing.

Basically..regular people won't be seeing that kind of integration for another 20 years minimum.

Because they look cool as hell. Unfortunately outside a handheld device they suck horribly after 5 minutes but that doesn't sell the marketing.

Hopefully in 20 years, Minority Report gesture input will be perfected by then. Then it will be another 20 years before it can be affordable. ;)

First thing comes to my mind as I watch the clip is the electricity bill. Having a big display in your home will be an expensive upkeep.

Don't know if anyone saw this or not, but at the end of the presentation you could see the Asian 'wife' was wearing a wedding ring and the Caucasian wasn't. I know I'm weird like that when I see those kinds of details.

Also, this type of vision requires a shit ton of bandwidth and content creation.

Out of curiousity, does anyone know if there is an app that the guy used to move sketch details from one screen to another and have them integrate into the 3D model of the hand like he did with the finger? That was really cool.

"Corporate vision" clips like this one always make me angry and sad, and angry, and then sad, then angry again.

Missed the hot Asian chick. Not thin, nor pretty :(

Probably going to look more like this...

33956_499610840074198_747923910_n.jpg

So who will be keeping all the finger prints cleaned off the touch screens?

At cleaning screens least it will provide a few jobs for whats left of the middle class.

Maybe I should look into investing in screen cleaners :)

Microsofts vision vs reality

Vision do all this standing vs Reality I would rather sit and do my work and relax.
Vision stand and cook and oh do things standing. Realiy long day at work you think I really want to stand and play games on a touch screen

Convertible is the answer. Once you start having back problems, some days you'd kill for a standing work station, other days a standing workstation would kill you. At least that has been my experience.

I think the consensus i've found on standing vs sitting is that standing too much is bad for you, and sitting too much is bad for you. Standing at least 25% of the time, which most people do anyways, is the healthiest habit.

Microsoft's Vision = Windows 8 will make everything AWESOME!!!
Reality (90% of users) = WHERE THE F**** IS THE START BUTTON!!!!????!!!

:cool:

1. Your work has to agree to remote work
2. Your gone have to agree to work from home. (It sucks)
3. You want to be bombarded by shit all day long. (Stimuli overload)

I work in IT and this is a horrible vision of the future. I know I work from home. Work NEVER leaves. I am constantly bombarded at my residence by sales people, stupid adds, junk mail, solicitors. Its fucking terrible. I work 70 hours a week, I am stressed out, I haven't had vacation in 3 years, I've gained a lot of weight. Microsoft can go fuck it self and their vision of the future. I am starting to finnaly make some changes and one of them is no electronic interaction on my time off. I rather muff dive my gf then have a fancy fucking media experience, pussy trumps all.

1. Your work has to agree to remote work
2. Your gone have to agree to work from home. (It sucks)
3. You want to be bombarded by shit all day long. (Stimuli overload)

I work in IT and this is a horrible vision of the future. I know I work from home. Work NEVER leaves. I am constantly bombarded at my residence by sales people, stupid adds, junk mail, solicitors. Its fucking terrible. I work 70 hours a week, I am stressed out, I haven't had vacation in 3 years, I've gained a lot of weight. Microsoft can go fuck it self and their vision of the future. I am starting to finnaly make some changes and one of them is no electronic interaction on my time off. I rather muff dive my gf then have a fancy fucking media experience, pussy trumps all.

Unless they are really paying you alot, you need to find some balance.
Learn to ignore or turn off the phone, (Sorry I was at my friends and didn't have any cell reception, I was out mowing the lawn & didn't hear it, etc)

As for weight gain, can't help you there, as I resemble that remark :)

Microsoft's Vision = Windows 8 will make everything AWESOME!!!
Reality (90% of users) = WHERE THE F**** IS THE START BUTTON!!!!????!!!

:cool:

lmao

Ballmer much of stolen Steve Jobs' reality distortion device after his passing

Yes live and Work, because if you can't do either of those, you physically can't, or don't have the finances to play.

Don't know if anyone saw this or not, but at the end of the presentation you could see the Asian 'wife' was wearing a wedding ring and the Caucasian wasn't. I know I'm weird like that when I see those kinds of details.

The fact that the man wasn't wearing a wedding ring isn't that significant. At one time, only the woman wore a wedding ring.

My parents have been married for over 53 years and my Dad has never worn a wedding ring. It wasn't that unusual in 1959 Manchester, where they got married. He does have an engineering ring on his ring finger though.

I must admit that I only watched the video looking for the "hot" Asian wife and didn't see one.

Back