The Pirate Bay Moves to North Korea

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Pirate Bay has moved to North Korea? Wait....they have the internet in North Korea!?!?

The Pirate Bay says it has been offered virtual asylum in North Korea. This move comes after the Norwegian Pirate Party was forced to stop routing traffic for the infamous BitTorrent site by a local copyright group. “We can reveal that we have been invited by the leader of the republic of Korea, to fight our battles from their network,” the Pirate Bay says.

I'm sure North Korea will afford them far more rights than crazy locked down places like Sweden. :confused:

No way in hell am I going to pirate bay in N. Korea, I don't want my interwebz going there. I'll have the FBI knocking on my door saying I hacked the pentagon.

I'll pass. Thanks though!

Brought to you by forcing millions of political prisoners to work in conditions that will likely get them killed.

I bet if you ask Kim Jong Un he will say it has anti-matter reactors for power and their internet speed doesnt use mega bits per second, but tera bits per second.

:cool:

On a side note, he might of got 2 holes in one to show he is greater then his father....

Battling for a freer internet by moving its virtual operations to a nation that does not offer a free (as in speech) internet to its citizens.

That makes a lot of fucking sense.

And in one fell swoop, any remaining credibility they had is now gone likely resulting in their user base to shrink even further.

This is crazy.
I really hope i see something good happen to the people in north korea within my lifetime. It is very saddening to see the living conditions of people there.
The most messed up thing about this story is that the greed of corporations might be the thing that saves the north koreans.

Good deal. I could care less where they are as long as they are. Long live fucking Pirate Bay! Any way to fight the greedy recording industry and DRM, I'm all for it.

Interesting bed-fellows. Who's going to get screwed first? :eek:

Probably some scheme to screw with torrents on the back-end and infect us all with viruses

Unfortunately, emigrating from North Korea is difficult once you become a citizen of that country. Everything is extremely regulated and those guys would get spies on them all the time monitoring their every moves. The Dennis Rodman thing was different since he's well-known here in the US so they only monitored and regulated his every move in the country.

Lets see how the RIAA can buy that country's laws and politicians now lol. Irony.

Next week we'll hear they moved to Iran, Syria, Sudan, Somalia, and Venezuela.

Yet another clear sign North Korea is going to open to the world very soon. Good thing.

Lets see how the RIAA can buy that country's laws and politicians now lol. Irony.

u wot m8

All the outside world has been doing to NK has been bribing, anything to put off the greatest potential humanitarian crisis of all time.

Sucks that sweeden seem to be losing rights because of copyright companies too. :( This copyright bullrap is like a huge plague that hits countries one at a time. You know times are desperate when sites like TPB have to resort to NK.

North Korea will be hosting PirateBay on their latest computer. Experts in North Korea say it's the fastest computer in the world. So fast they say, it's all the speed you'll ever need.

Here's a photo of it.
old-Computer.jpg

Can't believe you guys fell for this joke. And I can't believe the site hasn't posted a retraction yet. Ug.

Imagine what kind of data could be farmed by the N. Koreans from seeders and leechers, not to mention the potential for various forms of attacks.

Back