MS’s Rotten Friday: Hacked and Azure, Halo Go Down

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Microsoft is singing the blues….. Azure blues….. on Friday when the storage service went down across the entire globe right after announcing that the company had been hacked. It looks like Microsoft should pay just a bit more attention to detail in their daily operations making sure their security certificates remain up to date and their security protocols are beefed up. Maybe things will look brighter on Monday. :D

At the end of February 2012, Microsoft failed to account for the leap day at the end of the month, Feb. 29. As a result, the Azure services was down for more than 12 hours before Microsoft could issue a fix.

Oh, you mean we can lose our data and services when saving to the cloud?
Whoddathunkit??? :rolleyes:

Funny how MS is pushing everyone to their cloud. Yeah right. They can go fuck em selves. They want me to trust them with my data but they can't handle their own shit security.

Awww yea! Shit's going down!

No really, shit went down. Ha ha.

As a result, the Azure services was down for more than 12 hours before Microsoft could issue a fix.

Terrible grammar...

Either the sevice was down, or the services were down. :p

Funny how MS is pushing everyone to their cloud. Yeah right. They can go fuck em selves. They want me to trust them with my data but they can't handle their own shit security.

Says the Microsoft Certified Professional :rolleyes:

I worked for a major bank where this happened twice.

I can tell you one reason why this happens (of many): in our case, high turnover led to gaps in OPS's checklists during deployments. Some people just never bothered to check since it was "working before" or some bull.

Says the Microsoft Certified Professional :rolleyes:

You can be an MCP and still not trust MS... :rolleyes:

I'd like some of these companies offering cloud services to make sure their security is air tight. I sure as hell won't trust my personal documents to the cloud and it baffles me that companies do. Of course, companies only care about reducing costs, so that solves a big part of that mystery...

Just because I am a MCP doesn't mean I like what MS is doing.

Lots of MCP people have been fucked by Microsoft. Only reason why I have certs is because it looks good on a marketing material.

Back