BlackBerry Security Flaw Listed As High Severity

HardOCP News

[H] News
I'm not sure if anyone told BlackBerry but this is probably not the best way to make a comeback. :eek:

Vulnerabilities exist in components of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server that process TIFF images for rendering on the BlackBerry smartphone. The BlackBerry® Mobile Data System – Connection Service component processes images on web pages that the BlackBerry® Browser requests. The BlackBerry® Messaging Agent component processes images in email messages. The BlackBerry® Collaboration Service processes images in instant messages sent between your organization's instant messaging server, its BlackBerry Enterprise Server, and devices that are using public APIs, a Research In Motion proprietary protocol, and protocols specified by supported integrated collaboration clients. RIM is not aware of any attacks on or specifically targeting BlackBerry Enterprise Server customers, and recommends that affected customers update to the latest available software version to be fully protected from these vulnerabilities.

Thanks for the heads up. My company is on 5.0.3, so this is something i'll have to update ASAP.

Back