The WTF Video of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
I want to know how this guy stumbled onto this. Was he jogging on the treadmill and dropped some change? Polishing coins on the treadmill in his mom's basement? Developing a girl repellent or anti-date device?

considering that yesterday was valentines day, I would go with the "anti-date device"

How is that video over an hour long? It was like watching someone sleep. My ADD kicked in and I watched maybe 30 seconds before skipping to the end.

Makes sense, spinning objects like that seem to have sort of a self-balancing property due to momentum. However, how and why it actually stayed on the treadmill is a bit of a mystery.

Makes sense, spinning objects like that seem to have sort of a self-balancing property due to momentum. However, how and why it actually stayed on the treadmill is a bit of a mystery.

The treadmill was on a slight decline. The coin was trying roll downhill while the treadmill was pushing it back uphill.

I've rolls several things on treadmills, but not coins. Cans and stuff, yea. :)

The electricity it took to do that would have been better spent on making pancakes.

this needs to be studied by science...

on why this guy recorded for an hour.

The treadmill was on a slight decline. The coin was trying roll downhill while the treadmill was pushing it back uphill.

Not this actually. Which way does a treadmill's track roll? it'd try to push the coin downhill even faster. The coin would roll in such a fashion that it'd try to drive "uphill" by virtue of the direction it is spinning but if the hill is moving at the same speed as the rolling it wouldn't gain any ground. The fact the coin seems to oscillate down and up to me suggests the speed of the track isn't as uniform as one would think (or the video maker adjusted it slightly)

Not this actually. Which way does a treadmill's track roll? it'd try to push the coin downhill even faster. The coin would roll in such a fashion that it'd try to drive "uphill" by virtue of the direction it is spinning but if the hill is moving at the same speed as the rolling it wouldn't gain any ground. The fact the coin seems to oscillate down and up to me suggests the speed of the track isn't as uniform as one would think (or the video maker adjusted it slightly)

Maybe he put a phonebook under one end.:eek:

mancard revoked. EVERYTHING should be made with bacon. duh.

After much trial I've found that there really isn't anything that doesn't go well with bacon. Even shitty things, bacon can make tolerable. Fuck, I have bacon flavored rolling papers, I have bacon salt, a bacon wallet, a shirt with a bacon image on it, and bacon pajama pants. I've had rogues maple bacon ale, and enjoyed the whole thing. I have three different types of bacon in my fridge right now. The only time bacon has let me down is when I had the "apple smoked" bacon on a wendys burger. That was gross, I don't know how they ruined bacon, but they did. Fuck that.

Worst episode of Blair Witch Project I have ever seen.

After much trial I've found that there really isn't anything that doesn't go well with bacon. Even shitty things, bacon can make tolerable. Fuck, I have bacon flavored rolling papers, I have bacon salt, a bacon wallet, a shirt with a bacon image on it, and bacon pajama pants. I've had rogues maple bacon ale, and enjoyed the whole thing. I have three different types of bacon in my fridge right now. The only time bacon has let me down is when I had the "apple smoked" bacon on a wendys burger. That was gross, I don't know how they ruined bacon, but they did. Fuck that.
You mean the paper that was colored to look like bacon?

I think this Video is a bit more entertaining than a Tom Cruise movie. close, but it wins.

Yuck! I'm pretty sure bacon and pancake shouldn't be made together.

wait...what? Doesn't everyone have bacon when they eat pancakes? The salty bacon with sweet, syrupy pancakes...how could you not think this is a brilliant combination. Seriously, I was unaware there were people in the world that didn't always have their pancakes with bacon.

the part when he lays his head sideways on the treadmill is... uh... I dunno... but I suddenly feel the urge to sit naked in a bath tub to eat baked beans with bacon bits until I explode

For a while Denny's was selling bacon pancakes. I paid my friends son $1 to try them and he ended up eating the whole plate. Almost all pork products mix very well with sweet things. That is why I call it nature's candy.

Only a naive fantail lover would say such things without even trying it.

A few days ago I made bacon pancakes, and not using some crappy fantail loving store bought pancake mix, homemade pancake batter, bacon cooked in the oven then thrown on a pan at the correct pancake cooking temperature and the pancake batter poured over the top.

And as any true, honest and sane comet appreciator will tell you, they were awesome. Even the dude who wasn't hungry and only wanted to taste test it loved it so much he wolfed down two (which was impressive because like any pancakes made by a comet aficionado, they were huge).

Shens.

There's no way the coin, or whatever, could gain speed and go forward like that. At best due to inevitable wind and friction drag it would slowly (probably quickly) lose ground until it fell off the end of the treadmill.

I can think of one possible way for the coin to go forward. Carefull slowing of the belt speed. The coin would have built up inertia, and by slowing the belt it could overcome the drag and friction for a short period of time.

But what it gains it has to loose, When the belt is sped back up, the coin has to go backwards again.

There is no such thing as free mechanical energy. There is loss in the process, and eventually you would think the coin would lose ground.

Shens.

There's no way the coin, or whatever, could gain speed and go forward like that. At best due to inevitable wind and friction drag it would slowly (probably quickly) lose ground until it fell off the end of the treadmill.

I think the treadmill is going slightly downhill (so the tread under the coin is moving slightly upward). That way, the gravitational force trying to accelerate it one direction (which is small since the angle would be shallow) is balanced by the rolling friction in the direction the tread is moving. It may only need to be a very small incline if the rolling friction is low.

So, when the coin moves left, it's because the rolling friction has dropped slightly and gravity is larger, when it moves right, the rolling friction is higher than the gravitational force.

It would be the same principle as when you roll down a slight hill in your car at constant speed, the rolling friction balances the weight of the car down the hill. But in this case, the car (coin) is stationary and the road (treadmill) is moving.

How is that video over an hour long? It was like watching someone sleep. My ADD kicked in and I watched maybe 30 seconds before skipping to the end.

Please do not confuse ADD for deductive reasoning. :D

Back