Politician Introduces Bill To Ban "Lewd" Photo-Shopping

HardOCP News

[H] News
Not only is this an incredibly stupid bill, the politician backing it doesn't seem to have a firm grasp on how free speech works either.

“Everyone has a right to privacy,” he told FoxNews.com. “No one has a right to make fun of anyone. It’s not a First Amendment right.” After being pressed to provide details, he said, “At this juncture, I am not at liberty to share anything with you. I don’t have to. If and when this bill passes we can revisit the issue and if I choose to give you details at that time I will, but until then I don’t have to tell you anything.”

Well I have something to tell him. Its three words...

Actually I use five but the rest of the world is three.

“No one has a right to make fun of anyone. It’s not a First Amendment right.”

Oh, well then. I'm glad he cleared us the first amendment nonsense...

F that guy.

A Democrat. Why am I not surprised.

And the citizen control bandwagon rolls on.

Does he mean this one?

smithknockingboots_zps6805ad46.jpeg

I pity him. Not only will his Bill not pass but it'll be laughed and because this is now news people will go crazy photoshoping him to anything they can find. He's done this to himself though...

Was he saying "We have to pass the bill before we find out what's in it."???

Shades of Nancy "D'Oh" Pelosi

Well, as usual politicians don't understand how Free Speech works :rolleyes:

The 1st ammendment protects your right to say almost anything, but it doesn't protect you from the consequences ... if the manipulation qualifies as Libel or Slander then you can seek redress through those laws ... if it is copyright violation then those laws protect you ... However, if it doesn't violate any other laws then there is nothing you can do about it

I would be surprised if a law like this goes too far, and even if it does the courts are usually good about protection of the 1st ammendment ;)

Having balanced the budget, cured cancer, and achieved world peace, the federal government sets its sights on the true menace of our time: Photoshop.

Having balanced the budget, cured cancer, and achieved world peace, the federal government sets its sights on the true menace of our time: Photoshop.
Clearly, Adobe should be sued for providing the software that people use to do this horrific crime.

Only a matter of time before this politician is caught with a wide stance in an airport men's restroom.

I so thought this was about shopping for lewd photos being made illegal. Damn early morning brain and the dash between photo and shopping.

With that in mind, judged by his comments, I dont think this man has a clue how laws are supposed to be written and work.

He gets upset because someone made him look like an ass,so what does he do? He makes himself look like an even bigger ass!

What's truly outrageous is his comment:
"After being pressed to provide details, he said, “At this juncture, I am not at liberty to share anything with you. I don’t have to. If and when this bill passes we can revisit the issue and if I choose to give you details at that time I will, but until then I don’t have to tell you anything.”

LOLWUT! Bills are secret until passed nowadays? This guy is a joke.

No one has a right to make fun of anyone. It’s not a First Amendment right.

Impeach, please. He took an oath to defend and uphold the Constitution of the United States. He has broken that oath. Remove him from office.

It is always nice to be reminded that understanding the law isn't a requirement to be a lawmaker.

What's truly outrageous is his comment:
"After being pressed to provide details, he said, “At this juncture, I am not at liberty to share anything with you. I don’t have to. If and when this bill passes we can revisit the issue and if I choose to give you details at that time I will, but until then I don’t have to tell you anything.”

LOLWUT! Bills are secret until passed nowadays? This guy is a joke.

Nancy Pelosi beat him by years, and on an equally important issue.

How can any politician speak like that, right or wrong, "I don't have to tell you NUFFIN" and still keep his job?

Who is electing these assholes? You're my employee you douche, collectively we are your boss, and if we collectively ask you a question specifically about your job, ie introducing a bill, then you need to respond in a coherent professional manner.

Impeach, please. He took an oath to defend and uphold the Constitution of the United States. He has broken that oath. Remove him from office.
Yeah he basically has two explanations here:
1) He understands very basic fundemental laws, and intentionally chooses to ignore them
2) He is completely incompetent.

In either case, he has to go.

How can any politician speak like that, right or wrong, "I don't have to tell you NUFFIN" and still keep his job?

Who is electing these assholes?

We are, apparently. And some people think his attitude is just dandy, because we're all too stupid to understand his genius. They are the upper class, and we are the dumb masses.

Vivat rex.

Back