Google Engineers Found Most of Bugs Fixed On Patch Tuesday

HardOCP News

[H] News
Google engineers found 32 of 57 vulnerabilities addressed in this month's Patch Tuesday update? It must be nice to have Google help solve Microsoft's problems for free. ;)

Google engineers often find and report security vulnerabilities in Microsoft products, but they outdid themselves this month. Mateusz "j00ru" Jurczyk, a self-described "Windows hacker" and security engineer at Google, is credited for reporting 32 issues with Windows which Microsoft deemed "important," or one step below "critical." A second Google security engineer, Gynvael Coldwind, collaborated on reporting five of those bugs.

Google engineers often find and report security vulnerabilities in Microsoft products, but they outdid themselves this month. Mateusz "j00ru" Jurczyk, a self-described "Windows hacker" and security engineer at Google, is credited for reporting 32 issues with Windows which Microsoft deemed "important," or one step below "critical." A second Google security engineer, Gynvael Coldwind, collaborated on reporting five of those bugs.

I guess his parents must've used the RPG random name generator. :eek: :eek: :eek:

MS is reaping the benefits of millions of eyeballs on it's products. :p Really, it's nice that Google is taking security so seriously. It no doubt uses Windows for some purposes internally and there's only so much it can do to protect systems through the browser. I speculate that Google probably has some nice internal fuzz testing tools.

Until MS fixes the BSOD, NOTHING is fixed. LOL.
Sadly, that's probably the view most people have about system crashes.

The causes of BSODs vary. It can be anything from a buggy kernel mode driver, defective hardware, "t0T411Y 4w350m3 0v3rc10cK" causing system instability, or possibly even an OS bug. I can't even remember the last time I've seen a BSOD on any of my Windows 7 systems. It's been years.

What's even more impressive is that Gynvael Coldwind used dragon shouts to send the message to Microsoft.

MS is reaping the benefits of millions of eyeballs on it's products. :p Really, it's nice that Google is taking security so seriously. It no doubt uses Windows for some purposes internally and there's only so much it can do to protect systems through the browser. I speculate that Google probably has some nice internal fuzz testing tools.

Sadly, that's probably the view most people have about system crashes.

The causes of BSODs vary. It can be anything from a buggy kernel mode driver, defective hardware, "t0T411Y 4w350m3 0v3rc10cK" causing system instability, or possibly even an OS bug. I can't even remember the last time I've seen a BSOD on any of my Windows 7 systems. It's been years.

yup, never had a BSOD win Win 7 since day one and i keep my system 24/7, power off just for cleaning the case

Back