US Looking At Action Against China Cyberattacks

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to the Associated Press, the White House is taking action against China over the recent wave of cyberattacks. If I am reading this right, the action being taken by the government is a study that will determine what we already know so they can send China a strongly worded letter. :(

Two former U.S. officials said the administration is preparing a new National Intelligence Estimate that, when complete, is expected to detail the cyberthreat, particularly from China, as a growing economic problem. Neither of the former officials was authorized to discuss the classified report and spoke only on condition of anonymity.

This is a no-brainer.

We already have control of the huge opium industry in Afghanistan. Simply setup an opium trade with China against the Chinese government's wishes, just like the UK did back in the day.

This will also make their workers nearly as inefficient as American Auto Union workers, helping Government Mot... I mean General Motors out, so the tax payer won't have to have eaten billions on that bailout. :cool:

What is the Gov going to do? Borrow a little less than normal from them.

"In the next year there will be an effort to figure out a way to engage the Chinese more energetically," he said. "The issue now is how do we get the Chinese to take this more seriously as a potentially major disruption to the relationship."

The answer, he said, is, "You have to back up words with actions, and that's the phase I think we're approaching."

That will be fun to see.

You are not going to make the most paranoid xenophobic country in the world stop being a paranoid xenophobic country without said paranoid xenophobic country actually doing something about its racism, when the paranoid xenophobic country actively participates in daily that the rest of the world is "Lazy" "Corrupt" "Evil" etc just so its politicians can win elections

You are not going to make the most paranoid xenophobic country in the world stop being a paranoid xenophobic country without said paranoid xenophobic country actually doing something about its racism, when the paranoid xenophobic country actively participates in daily that the rest of the world is "Lazy" "Corrupt" "Evil" etc just so its politicians can win elections

I read it twice and still don't know whether you are talking about the US or China.

Judging by news, it appears that China has a bulletproof firewall. I guess it is now The Great Firewall of China.

I read it twice and still don't know whether you are talking about the US or China.

Talking about china and also japan

The biggest thing about my prior statement is that both these countries are becoming exceedingly less xenophobic with every year, have readily started adopting other countries cultures etc into their own at a breakneck pace, and both china and japan's active government to hold onto their countries communist and in Japan's case democratic governments control have both started active smear campaigns against other countries with such things as public vehicles driving around denouncing western countries etc, just like North Korea does, but its not working.

As it is now, a great majority of new age younger people in china and japan in their 20-30's have far less racism among them on average vs even just 10 years ago, and even have started actively speaking up against and making fun of their government leaders, which is a crime there.

The sad thing is these countries would be far less racist if the government wasn't actively poisoning its own peoples mindset just to keep control of them -IE- "DO YOU WANT US TO TURN INTO LAZY AMERICAN DOGS?!" etc, the last seven years in a row china and japan were noted to be the most xenophobic countries on earth, just the report last year like I said before, a undercover investigator was in japan and they were actively driving around vehicles denouncing america etc for a very prominent political position in japan, which said person won by a landslide -AND- had higher up political backing for his "views" on american's etc.

Simple solution: Fine China 1 billion per day until our national debt is paid off. Either it stops or the debt is paid off soon. We already have the money, we can just the fines out of our huge debt.

Judging by news, it appears that China has a bulletproof firewall. I guess it is now The Great Firewall of China.

The firewall is easy to pass by with such services as Gmail/Hotmail/Twitter etc, which is why the chinese government is trying so hard to hack them

Where have you been? It's been called that for a long time now.

You know what... that article is probably right to some extent. China is probably trying to steal trade secrets from the US.... like how to control your populace without the appearance of tyranny and even get open support from your populace.

Is it bad that I think that this "action" probably has another angle than just against China's cyber attacks?

You know what... that article is probably right to some extent. China is probably trying to steal trade secrets from the US.... like how to control your populace without the appearance of tyranny and even get open support from your populace.

They are on the right path. They just need to keep increasing the middle class, and eventually their first world problems will overtake their political interest

Simple solution: Fine China 1 billion per day until our national debt is paid off. Either it stops or the debt is paid off soon. We already have the money, we can just the fines out of our huge debt.

Those are the only 2 outcomes in your hypothetical scenario?

The firewall is easy to pass by with such services as Gmail/Hotmail/Twitter etc, which is why the chinese government is trying so hard to hack them

Random facts:

Do probably don't realized that most of what you are currently using are made in China?

Do you know where are those debts are pay to? http://www.davemanuel.com/us-national-debt-clock.php

Do you know that you can fine 1 billion per day, everyday, 365 days a year, for 3 years, and still owe them money?

Are they going to hack them back like last time?

Nothing more serious than that will happen.

This is a no-brainer.

We already have control of the huge opium industry in Afghanistan. Simply setup an opium trade with China against the Chinese government's wishes, just like the UK did back in the day.

This will also make their workers nearly as inefficient as American Auto Union workers, helping Government Mot... I mean General Motors out, so the tax payer won't have to have eaten billions on that bailout. :cool:

I hope you die a miserable death.

What I'm expecting is China going to threaten trade sanctions or something along those lines. The last time the US threatened China with anything was with asking to deal with the $700 million in pirated goods the country possesses. China retaliated by something along the lines of trade sanctions or similar.

When you have a country that holds a good amount of our debt, keeps our products cheap due to cheap labor there, and is heavily invested in various American-based companies, is it smart for the US to threaten any sort of retaliation against them?

A friend of mine, a Chinese American in fact, believes this is China's slow buildup of taking over the US, not militarily but economically. Though at times I think he's a bit paranoid about his home country.

What I'm expecting is China going to threaten trade sanctions or something along those lines. The last time the US threatened China with anything was with asking to deal with the $700 million in pirated goods the country possesses. China retaliated by something along the lines of trade sanctions or similar.

When you have a country that holds a good amount of our debt, keeps our products cheap due to cheap labor there, and is heavily invested in various American-based companies, is it smart for the US to threaten any sort of retaliation against them?

A friend of mine, a Chinese American in fact, believes this is China's slow buildup of taking over the US, not militarily but economically. Though at times I think he's a bit paranoid about his home country.

'They hold our debt' which makes trouble with us a liability for China as long as we make our payments. If relations went really bad, we could just say screw you and they'd be out the money. If we fell apart economically, they'd be out the money.

What they hold over us is the source of future debt. And they've been cutting back on that actually.

And cutting trade with them would actually bring jobs back here and might help us do something crazy like get out of this unemployment situation and recession. The only people the US that would be screwed are the wallstreet traitors who invested in those foreign companies.

And cutting trade with them would actually bring jobs back here and might help us do something crazy like get out of this unemployment situation and recession. The only people the US that would be screwed are the wallstreet traitors who invested in those foreign companies.

I wish that would happen, honestly. But, so long as Americans enjoy cheap goods and American companies enjoy cheap labor, it may never happen at all.

The biggest thing about my prior statement is that both these countries are becoming exceedingly less xenophobic with every year, have readily started adopting other countries cultures etc into their own at a breakneck pace, and both china and japan's active government to hold onto their countries communist and in Japan's case democratic governments control have both started active smear campaigns against other countries with such things as public vehicles driving around denouncing western countries etc, just like North Korea does, but its not working.

I must have missed that... Was it started last year? :p

China's going to do what China's going to do. Same with Russia and many of their former (and current) puppet states. The problem with China though, that might solve itself. Their growing wealth means the cost of labor in China is increasing so companies are beginning to look elsewhere to pinch their pennies. The same thing happened with Japan when they were the world's source for cheap labor after the war. It's especially problematic with both of those nations though because they both are having negative population growth, albeit for entirely different reasons. China's biggest asset, their population, is also their biggest liability. And it's a shrinking asset due to automation becoming better and better.

Still, so long as they have their current government (or a government that thinks like it) you're going to see the massive hacking attacks pour out like crazy just like you'll see the knockoffs pouring out like mad. You'll also continue to see egregious human rights abuses.

Is China still sliding babies into ovens if theyre born the wrong gender?

Is China still sliding babies into ovens if theyre born the wrong gender?

Yes. Recent survey says by 2020, 35 million men will be forever alone.

Maybe they'll start having reverse harems?

Talking about china and also japan

As it is now, a great majority of new age younger people in china and japan in their 20-30's have far less racism among them on average vs even just 10 years ago, and even have started actively speaking up against and making fun of their government leaders, which is a crime there.

The sad thing is these countries would be far less racist if the government wasn't actively poisoning its own peoples mindset just to keep control of them -IE- "DO YOU WANT US TO TURN INTO LAZY AMERICAN DOGS?!" etc, the last seven years in a row china and japan were noted to be the most xenophobic countries on earth, just the report last year like I said before, a undercover investigator was in japan and they were actively driving around vehicles denouncing america etc for a very prominent political position in japan, which said person won by a landslide -AND- had higher up political backing for his "views" on american's etc.

The uptick of Japanese nationalism is a relatively new thing with the installation of the new govt. I think it's a last ditch effort to re-spark their dying economy and will probably end up dying out when it fails.

as for china and the US....the problem is they are two sides of the same coin...like stated earlier it was really hard to figure out which country was being talked about... because the things that most rational people see as shitty can be applied at some level to both.

Back