Facebook Now Has A Gift Card

HardOCP News

[H] News
What's the best way to get unfriended on Facebook? Give someone one of these. I have an idea, buy a $100 FB gift card and then use it to pay for an e-mail to Mark Zuckerburg. :rolleyes:

You ain’t made it until you have done your own gift card token thingy. :D
(Could be used as an alternative to PayPal though :eek:)

These things are OLD.

Really you can buy giftcards at 7-11 for years. Why would someone want to do so?
Because you know someone who want to have Facebook credits. Yet no way in hell would you ever give Facebook your real credit card number.

Also no way in hell would i link a paypal account to it either.

But yes. Giving someone one of these if they didn't ask you for it would be like saying FU! But paying more for it. Like getting somone a restaurant.com gift card. You paid $20 bucks for $100. And yet they'll never be able to use the $100 giftcard because of restrictions.

Any and all gift cards are fucking stupid...

Here let's take a currency that's universally accepted, (and used to be worth a damn but thats another issue).... and magically transform it into a credit at a single company or store that you might not even like.

Because buying shit on facebook is much more important than paying some bills, or putting gas in your car.

Dead weight loss is a real bitch in this country - and it's all because of stupid people that fall for shit like this facebook card (it's an economic term, google it)

I was looking at my amex rewards points the other day and wanted to get a gift card, i saw they offered effing zynga/facebook cash/points/wtfever they are, i was thinking, there are really people out there that spend real world money on facebook apps/games, seriously? who are these people, seems ridiculous to me, I guess there are those who will say if they enjoy the games then it's worth it to them, yadda yadda.. But still I'm sure i'm not the only one to think it's a stupid way to spend money..

But, if you gave a "normal" person $50, they'd probably spend it on their electicity bill or speeding ticket. If you give them a $50 day spa voucher or something you know they're going to a day spa.

It's like a gift with more flexibility, but one they can't easily spend on "non gift" stuff. :D

Why would I want another card in my wallet, especially from Facebook. The US should really look into NFC technology in phones, because we have ways to send money digitally, now why can't they implement NFC into phones. My Aquos phone has NFC in it.

Here let's take a currency that's universally accepted, (and used to be worth a damn but thats another issue).... and magically transform it into a credit at a single company or store that you might not even like.

Because buying shit on facebook is much more important than paying some bills, or putting gas in your car.

Dead weight loss is a real bitch in this country - and it's all because of stupid people that fall for shit like this facebook card (it's an economic term, google it)

Facebook beat estimates, regardless of what you think and personally I would never buy Facebook it is a publicly traded company and therefore is going to seek ways to offer return on investments. They pretty much have to now.

If you read the notice, it's not a gift card to Facebook. It's a gift card to Target, Sephora, Jamba Juice, and/or Olive Garden. The innovative part of it is that each person gets one card, and the gift givers can put money to any of those four places on it. The gift card owner might have a different balance on all four places.

Advantages: Gift giver doesn't have to go to a store, pick up a gift card to a place, and mail it to the person. He/she can just buy it on Facebook, and the Facebook handles the rest. Plus, the receiver just needs a single card if a group of people send that person money .

Disadvantages: Very limited retailer selection. If both people are local, you might as well buy a gift card from a store and give it to the person.

I actually like this idea, though I would want a bigger selection.

Back