AMD’s SeaMicro SM15000 Server Achieves Certification for Rackspace Private Cloud

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD today announced that its SeaMicro SM15000™ server is certified for the Rackspace® Private Cloud. “Nova in a Box” and “Swift in a Rack” are respectively the most efficient compute and highest storage capacity solutions validated for OpenStack®. The product certification for mass compute and object storage ensures that enterprise deployments of Rackspace Private Cloud on AMD’s SeaMicro SM15000 servers are a proven and rigorously tested solution, enabling peace of mind for enterprises around the world. As a part of The Rackspace Open Cloud™ platform, the company launched the Rackspace Private Cloud Software in August 2012 with thousands of organizations in over 125 countries spanning all continents downloading the product.

The Rackspace Private Cloud simplifies the management of large pools of compute, storage and networking resources using OpenStack. As cloud-based services grow, data centers must scale their services to new and ever-growing requirements. Reference architectures and test criteria for OpenStack solutions help to ensure consistent performance, supportability and compatibility. With the certification for mass compute and object storage, AMD is at the forefront of providing a thoroughly tested private cloud solution using OpenStack that is simple for enterprises to deploy.

Thank goodness for the SeaMicro SM15000™ server, an innovation from AMD that allows me to leverage my Rackspace® Open Cloud™ Private Cloudvalidated for OpenStack® with proven and rigorously tested solutions that enable peace of mind around the world. I mean, if not for AMD's press releases, where would I get my ™ and ® fix for the day in a CloudFriendly® way? Oh noes though! AMD forgot to use the word synergy and mention that they're a market leader in the "Nova in a Box" and "Swift in a Rack" industry.

Cloud is awesome because it allows the US Government to circumvent EU data protection laws and makes it super east for Chinese hackers to get at your data.

Waaaaaaaaaayyyyy too many buzzwords in that PR statement. They finally get to the friggin point in the (very short) last paragraph:

AMD’s SeaMicro server product family currently supports the next generation AMD Opteron™ 4300 Series processor, the Intel® Xeon® processors E3-1260L (“Sandy Bridge”) and E3-1265Lv2 (“Ivy Bridge”), as well as the Intel® Atom™ processor N570. The SeaMicro SM15000 also supports the Freedom Fabric storage products, enabling a single system to connect with up to five petabytes of storage capacity. This approach delivers the benefits of expensive and complex solutions such as network attached storage (NAS) and storage area networking (SAN) with the simplicity and low cost of direct attached storage.

Back