King’s Landing Recreated In Minecraft

wonder if their server is as slow as their website. Yeeshk!

Looks amazing...from afar...really wish Minecraft didn't look so blocky. Yeah, I know I know...I've just seen so many amazing creations (Hello full size Enterprise-D!) that are always ehhhhh not so much when blocky.

That's truly impressive, and there has been a lot of truly impressive stuff made out of Minecraft blocks.

But this is about as artistic as it gets.

never played mine craft -- hell I don't even know what the point of the game is.

do you just run around hitting blocks and carving shit for hundreds of hours?

never played mine craft -- hell I don't even know what the point of the game is.

It depends. If you're playing Creative mode, then mostly yes. However, keep in mind that there are some really in depth stuff you can do in the game, like red stone that you can set up like circuits and create AND/OR gates.

The other mode is survival. In this mode, your only real goal is survival. During the day, you are reatively free to do as you wish, but at night you're under seige by skeletons, zombies, spiders, and other monsters. Generally, this is the mode I play in. I build large castles to house a small town's worth of land so I can keep the monsters at bay and keep it lit with torches so monsters don't spawn inside. Then I build farms to grow food, raise livestock, and mine for metals.

However, my castles are pretty damn blocky. That Kings Landing is god damn amazing.

Wow, that's crazy. And not only do they have Kings Landing, but Winterfell, the wall and Castle Black, the Fist of the First Men, Harrenhall, the Dreadfort, Dragonstone, Sunspear and the Water Gardens, and what looks to be most of the Kingsroad and the villages and such along the way. The site is really slow right now, so I couldn't load the map, but they've clearly put a TON of work into it.

I would get so much joy setting that on fire if it were not backed up or on a protected server.

Wow, that's crazy. And not only do they have Kings Landing, but Winterfell, the wall and Castle Black, the Fist of the First Men, Harrenhall, the Dreadfort, Dragonstone, Sunspear and the Water Gardens, and what looks to be most of the Kingsroad and the villages and such along the way. The site is really slow right now, so I couldn't load the map, but they've clearly put a TON of work into it.

Uhhh... yeah, that have all of those.... things. I have no idea what you are talking about, but yes, that is an amazing sight.

However, I don't remember lighting looking so good on standard Minecraft.

The problem with this, like the LoTR server, is that you must get on the server to use them.

I'd rather they offer a download of a snapshot of the server world, so I can play with it on my own / not be restricted to the server rules (read: lay down about 1000 blocks of dynamite and blow up King's landing). Among other things.

The game does have a boss though. You mine to survive and open a portal to the Nether World. Once there you can collect other resources to end the Ender World, which you fight the Ender Dragon.

But it's a game where you have to be creative for it to be fun. You could build a simple wooden house, or build a grand castle. I used tracks and mine cart to get myself around the world without getting lost. You could even build complicated circuits to do a lot of things automated.

The game could certainly use more engaging reasons to play it, and it's multiplayer is lacking. Once you beat the Ender Dragon you basically only play the game to build amazing structures. Multiplayer is about as trusting as the community, otherwise a lot of people run around destroying stuff just to be dicks. On top of that server admins can be just as bad as "Griefers". They can prevent you from building, or just teleport you to places that'll kill you.

Other then that though, the $15 you spend on that game will get you a far more entertaining game then Crysis 3.

Massive accomplishment, but man those screenshots are doctored to hell.

Also, re: "Why play Minecraft?", definitely try some of the mod packs out there. They add a TON to the vanilla game.

Other then that though, the $15 you spend on that game will get you a far more entertaining game then Crysis 3.

Unless their website is wrong, the game is $26.95. I'd buy it at $15 but at nearly double that I have a hard time reasoning with myself to pay that. Unless you know of a way to get it for $15?

Unless their website is wrong, the game is $26.95. I'd buy it at $15 but at nearly double that I have a hard time reasoning with myself to pay that. Unless you know of a way to get it for $15?

Probably was thinking of back when it was in Alpha/Beta.

The site is slow because of the Reddit Army unintentionally overwhelming the website, since the news of this announcement first appeared on their front page. Be patient fellas....

its for virgins and kids that didn't already get it out of their system when it was called Legos

Hrmm I wonder what textures they are using because those pics are not the default. In fact those textures look freaking amazing compared most MC texture packs.

its for virgins and kids that didn't already get it out of their system when it was called Legos

That's funny, because my wife and I would play it pretty frequently.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't notice your Crysis or Civilization curing cancer and treating the sick.

This.

And somehow Legos are still more fun than minecraft. You have to be one boring person IRL to dive into that 'game'.

Seriously the only fun i got out of minecraft was massacring other peoples long hard work on unprotected servers. :) (yeah yeah, what does that say about me. but hey).

Back