CCleaner 3.27 Released, Improved Support for Windows 8

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
A new update for CCleaner has been released this week that contains improvements primarily for supporting Windows 8 Metro styled Modern UI and cache cleaning. The free cleaning tool is considered one of the top rated utilities out there and of course being a free download is always a plus. :cool:

The update also adds support for the latest stable build of Google Chrome -- v24 -- and improves compatibility with Firefox 17 and newer builds, including the latest stable release.

A new update for CCleaner has been released this week that contains improvements primarily for supporting Windows 8 Metro styled Modern UI and cache cleaning. The free cleaning tool is considered one of the top rated utilities out there and of course being a free download is always a plus. :cool:

If only it deleted Windows 8 "modern" UI. HA! ;)

If only it deleted Windows 8 "modern" UI. HA! ;)

Theres an effort over at xda developers creating a Metro uninstaller of sorts, if/when they succeed i imagine it'll spread like wildfire just like the millions of people downloading Start Menu replacements - Pokki alone reported 1.5 million downloads of their start menu replacement and theyre one among many producing a replacement (Start8, ClassicShell, StartIsBack, etc)

MS can continue to put its fingers in its ears and pretend real usability problems haven't been created in pursuit of iPad to the detriment of its large desktop userbase, eventually something will have to give

Theres an effort over at xda developers creating a Metro uninstaller of sorts, if/when they succeed i imagine it'll spread like wildfire just like the millions of people downloading Start Menu replacements - Pokki alone reported 1.5 million downloads of their start menu replacement and theyre one among many producing a replacement (Start8, ClassicShell, StartIsBack, etc)

MS can continue to put its fingers in its ears and pretend real usability problems haven't been created in pursuit of iPad to the detriment of its large desktop userbase, eventually something will have to give
Not trying to say anything really bad about Pokki as i'm sure it's a nice replacement but when it's getting installed on peoples systems without their knowledge then does that also count as a download in their favor? Yes i'm sure there is a op-out when installing programs it came bundled with, but it should be op-out by default.

I havent used CCleaner in a few years, haven't really needed it. Good little program though :).

Would be nice if MS make it like how they did the Control Panel in XP. :)

Not trying to say anything really bad about Pokki as i'm sure it's a nice replacement but when it's getting installed on peoples systems without their knowledge then does that also count as a download in their favor? Yes i'm sure there is a op-out when installing programs it came bundled with, but it should be op-out by default.

I havent used CCleaner in a few years, haven't really needed it. Good little program though :).

first time I heard about Pokki was when it was installed with something and I found it nice at first and posted about it in the desktop screenshot thread, but most of the apps required registration and then it started to crash and use too much memory so I removed it.

Windows 8, what's Windows 8? Am I missing something? Does M$ pay your to upgrade to Windows 8?

Excellent program. I use this on machines I am working on, not uncommon to clean 1-3 GB of temp stuffs off a machine. Good to use before defragging/virus scanning as well, less files to have to scan.

Yeah. Very 1997.

Yeah, its very cool, also "microcrap" is very cool.

It is sad how people go out of their way to defend a damn company. Specially one that is where it is due to still illegal practices.

Companies might be "people" but they are not your relatives.

Yeah, its very cool, also "microcrap" is very cool.

It is sad how people go out of their way to defend a damn company. Specially one that is where it is due to still illegal practices.

Companies might be "people" but they are not your relatives.

So, do you have anything useful to say about CCleaner?

So, do you have anything useful to say about CCleaner?

Haven't had the chance to try this version yet, but previous version worked well in helping removing old files from my M$ W7 pc.

Haven't really run CCleaner since Vista, but what the heck. Still haven't really been able to dig into the Metro side of things and this might help.

Back