Does Facebook Owe You Money?

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you recently received an email from Facebook that you thought was spam, look at it again. It’s a distinct possibility it’s real given the fact that Facebook may owe you a part of the $20M settlement money for using member’s likenesses without their permission. It’s only $10 bucks, but hey, Facebook was wrong and the money comes out of Zuck’s pocket. :D

If you recently got a "LEGAL NOTICE OF SETTLEMENT OF CLASS ACTION" email loaded with legalese, then congratulations – you can afford a nice lunch out.

I was curious about that email...seemed like phishing to me, but then most "facebook" emails I get are. Now to see what info is demanded of me, with a skeptical eye of course.

Just submitted my claim. I'll buy MajorDomo a small Frosty if I ever see my $10 :)

I have everything sent to the spam box except for what I mark safe to go the inbox. Fill out a claim form for $10, not even worth my time. But man, Walmart has that item I wanted for 15 cents cheaper, just a few more miles out of my way. :)

I got the email as well, even though I deleted my profile several years ago.

For $10, isn't worth my time to lift a finger over it :rolleyes:

I have everything sent to the spam box except for what I mark safe to go the inbox. Fill out a claim form for $10, not even worth my time. But man, Walmart has that item I wanted for 15 cents cheaper, just a few more miles out of my way. :)

I have the same discussion with of the people here when they spend 3 hours looking for $5 off a hotel room...

Thank you. Your claim has been successfully submitted. Please record this information for your records. For a printer-friendly version, please click here.

niceeeee

Got this email yesterday & submitted. Looked a little fishy but read around online & seemed to be legit.

I'll take $10. Better than $0.

What happens if the ruling doesn't pass? We don't get $10 and anything else?

Wow, must check my email that i only use for fb to see if i get it. Totally sounds like a scam hah! Thanks for heads up domo

yeah i got this email. yeah 10 bucks but how much do the lawyers get?

Got this email yesterday & submitted. Looked a little fishy but read around online & seemed to be legit.

I'll take $10. Better than $0.

What happens if the ruling doesn't pass? We don't get $10 and anything else?

If too many people sign up no one gets anything and the money goes to charity.

Just know that if you sign up for this, future employers will see in your record that you were part of a class-action lawsuit.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

Did this a few days ago after I got the email. I then did some research on to see if it was real or not, turns out it was so I followed through with submitting my info. $10 for ~30 minutes of work.

SWEET! Got this for my account, AND my 10 trolling accounts. Looks like I get a nice present!

And I thought this was a spam email. Like the previous poster mentioned, if you had a million accounts, you may be rich!

Back