Dotcom Wants To Encrypt Half The Internet

Is it just me or does he look like one of the thumbs from the first spy kids movie!?!?!?!? ;-) LMAO

he doesn't really sound crazy if you actually watch the video...

it's the same fight going on w/ tor really... people look at the tor network and see how powerless "the man" is to disrupt it... and they think "hey, i want our internet to be like that"

only natural....

He is intelligent and well spoken and makes a really good case for his agenda...

I've been saying this for years, how email STILL has ZERO crypto by default. PKI is NOT that hard.

Hmm.. he has some interesting points there

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard" JFK

"We choose to encrypt half of the Internet in this decade and do the other things, not because it's easy, but because it's hard" Kim Dotcom

:D

I respect this guy.

I really home somehow, someone like him can crush all the corruption going on between the government and the copyright extremists.

I didn't see anything funny about this. His points were valid and made complete sense.
I agree with him wholeheartedly, Damn the man for taking my privacy and freedoms away at the cost of "safety". I'll take my chances with less government oversight.

TBH though, how else is it supposed to look to that guy with the setup as it was. And still ongoing at that. At the end of the day he will probably have an 'accident' if they cannot get him on all charges. >:p

Folks may not like the messenger, but I don't find anything fundamentally wrong with the message/premise of what he is saying.

So, what exactly is wrong about having the option of encrypting all my sent data?

Hell I do this already with my torrents, I wish I had this option for all data communication

I haxored totally your servors, yo! They were using some noob OS like Linux! You should stop using Linux and use a pro OS!

I knew I should have used P@$$word as root's password instead of PASSword. :mad: I'm going to run IIS on Windows 98 from now on.

I knew I should have used P@$$word as root's password instead of PASSword. :mad: I'm going to run IIS on Windows 98 from now on.

The password being case sensitive did slow me down a little! I am going to totally make an OS called PrOS (said Pro-S). Basically it's going to be Gentoo with every mention of Gentoo replaced by PrOS and Stallman's website blocked at an OS level. Oh and the desktop will be totally PrOS and badass and work as a server OS. It wont have interwebs in the first version, or image support, but it will have special encryption! It will be totally unhackable!

I respect this guy.

I really home somehow, someone like him can crush all the corruption going on between the government and the copyright extremists.
How can you he's just a leech a middleman making money off piracy. Aaron Swartz atleast was about ideals.

I haxored totally your servors, yo! They were using some noob OS like Linux! You should stop using Linux and use a pro OS!

y u throw chip with danger to my manifold because all your base are belong to us.

I think that about covers it. :D

Um he seems to make sense. I don't see the problem here? Also, everything on the internet should have been encrypted years ago. I don't see why we haven't?

Maybe it should be encrypted

The question is...who gets the keys?

How can you he's just a leech a middleman making money off piracy. Aaron Swartz atleast was about ideals.

on the other hand..he could be providing a legit service for a lot of users. It's all on the users now considering its encrypted. Before he had to deal with takedown notices.. I don't see how he can with his new venture. I'm not 100% on board with his past business dealings but he did (does) live a life that a lot of guys would kill for and it's been fun to watch. Yachts, mansions, jet's, plays video games, likes guns, hot women, etc.. and he's just some goofy fat dude named himself Kim Dotcom (ok thats going a little overboard). He seems like a decent guy from the interviews and he did donate a ton to his neighborhood in NZ (to even be able to live where he does) and he's giving a big fat FU to the authorities for reasons other than megaupload (piracy), like them raiding his home, giving his data to the us, and then trying to deport him.. I wish the justice dept put this much effort into the recent savings and loan/banker scandals instead of going after this guy (with pretty shoddy evidence as seen by the NZ authorities reversing ship)

This guy has just about every character trait that I despise. Why the hell do I like him so much?

I thought this fat bastard was going to be grunting and burping while eating a McDonalds in this interview but what I came to realize is he's actually a real articulate and a pretty cool guy overall. Everything he said makes sense basically and I agree with.

I like him. He's challenging the various State's desires to control the greatest leap in freedom of all time, and he's standing up to the heat. If there is such a thing, he is a patriot of the internet.

Back