Antec Performance One P280

HardOCP News

[H] News
NikKTech has the Antec Performance One P280 on the test bench today for a little review action. Here's a quote from the review:

The P280 Super Mid Tower PC Case is the last model in the performance one line of PC Cases designed and manufactured by Antec and just like the P193 and the P183 before that (two very good PC Cases) it features an elegant design, plenty of interior space (XL-ATX compatible), excellent airflow potential (up to 7 interior fans) and offers noise insulation (quiet computing panels).

Bought a P280 for my Ivy Bridge build and absolutely love it. Its better is some ways than the RV02 I used with my Lynnfield build a couple of years ago.

Sort of old news as this case has been out for a year. Put my X79 build in it last January. Love the case but Intel water cooler radiator didn't fit without modding and the 8-pin connector of my power supply is too short and runs right across the motherboard! Been meaning to get an extension but haven't wanted to mess with it. Otherwise, the case has all the bells and whistles I wanted; had the P-180 previously then the P183--have been all about Antec cases since I started building. Big, quiet and nice to look at.

Bought a P280 for my Ivy Bridge build and absolutely love it. Its better is some ways than the RV02 I used with my Lynnfield build a couple of years ago.

My RV02 had been getting on my last nerve for a while, then fry's had a deal on a P280 and I picked it up, leaps and bounds better case to work in, it also cools as well and with far less noise, those 180mm fans in the RV02 might as well just be thrown in the trash with how bad they sound. I could turn them down to 8-900rpm and could still hear them over my stock GPU cooler at idle, that's just plan bad.

Back