Maxis Announces Upcoming SimCity Beta Signup

I saw a trailer for a Sim City game awhile ago that looked impressive. Is this the final result?

I can't wait for SimCity, I will more than likely buy it, and use the pirated copy to play as I refuse to install that shit heap called Orgin.

Oh, and "I will more that likely buy it, and use the pirated copy". Lol, no, you won't. You'll just pirate it.

Ah, the tinfoil hat Origin people are coming out already.

I have been using Origin since Day 1. other than the fact that you need to be online to play Battlefield 3, There have been no issues.

Just signed up for the beta, def looking forward to this title.

I thought all the cool kids where pro origin and "fill in online gaming service here"?

I'm definitely looking forward to trying the beta, already pre ordered (yes I'm one of the cool kids who doesn't mind Origin/steam/.... but will have an issue having to be online to play the single player side of this game. Not sure if I would play Sim City MP.

I can't play online, due to bandwidth restrictions. So I hate missing out on this game as I've bought and played all the SimCity games (Yeah, even SimEarth, SimTower,...). Fucking DRM.

I can't play online, due to bandwidth restrictions. So I hate missing out on this game as I've bought and played all the SimCity games (Yeah, even SimEarth, SimTower,...). Fucking DRM.

how strict are your bandwidth restrictions?

cause the game only syncs with the cloud every 3 minutes not constantly. so im guessing its bandwidth footprint is pretty minimal.

maybe at the worst you can play it for few hours a week and i doubt it will put much of a dent in your bandwidth cap.

Phoning home is like a few bits of data. Posting on the [H] (including loading ads) probably takes many times more bandwidth than Origin phoning home ever will.

Phoning home is like a few bits of data. Posting on the [H] (including loading ads) probably takes many times more bandwidth than Origin phoning home ever will.
I agree, phoning home doesn't take much data. However, your cities are stored "on the cloud" and so it will be saving it there. I still think bandwidth shouldn't be a concern as it will be small. I just hate their idea of having everything on their servers instead of client machine.

If you get into the beta you get to play it for one hour and that's it. I know betas aren't supposed to be demos (though many companies use them for marketing/PR...) but you won't get much of a feel for the game in a single hour.

[RIP]Zeus;1039532037 said:
I can't wait for SimCity, I will more than likely buy it, and use the pirated copy to play as I refuse to install that shit heap called Orgin.

Yeah good luck with that considering you need constant connection to play. Enjoying that pirated copy of Diablo 3 yet too because of the heap of shit called Battlenet? Yeah didn't think so.

I signed up. Play the beta and then wait till it's in the 5$ Steam bin. It's something to waste time on till something else comes out.

I agree, phoning home doesn't take much data. However, your cities are stored "on the cloud" and so it will be saving it there. I still think bandwidth shouldn't be a concern as it will be small. I just hate their idea of having everything on their servers instead of client machine.

Only the packets - the data required to tell your computer how to reassemble your city using the graphics stored on your computer. It's still only small bits and bytes since the large part - the graphics and 3D models - are on your computer.

Yeah, with an hour of gameplay, that's a demo, not beta. Wish they'd just call a duck a duck.

I was hoping for better graphics too, but I'll still buy it. I'm a Sim City junkie.

Right? Even the Origin thing isn't enough to stop me from getting this game.

And I REALLY hate Origin. If Origin was a person, I'd call it fat and say it has a small penis, that's how much I hate it.

Back