Angry Birds Sales Top 30M Over Christmas Week

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Any gaming company would like to announce that their cash cow game had sold 30 Million for any length of time, but consider Rovio’s announcement that 30 Million units had been sold over Christmas week, 8 Million on Christmas day alone. If you want to be popular, all you have to do is hang out at all of the top spots, which is what Angry Birds is all about.

There are obviously many reasons for the franchise’s intense success, but most crucially we should remember that one or more Angry Birds titles are available on almost every computing platform in existence.

I totally see it. Got an iPad for Xmas? Let's install Angry Birds!
Got an Android tablet for Xmas? Let's install Angry Birds!
Got a new smart phone for Xmas? Let's install Angry Birds!
Got a Chrome Book for Xmas? Let's install Angry Birds!

It's like an automatic add on these days. Like CDROM drives were back in 1995! :p

Even my 9 and 6 year old nephews have no patience for this dreck anymore.

let it die already, god the gameplay is a borefest, i guess it's great fun for the 8 year olds and soccer moms

Best gaming business model on mobile gaming out there. pay a dollar to not see adds, dont pay, get add money, give small one time purchases for a dollar. Continually refreshing a product ensures more repeat business as well as their themes.

It's cool and all but I've never been able to play it for more than 5-10 minutes without getting bored.

Angry Birds demonstrates the inefficiencies of touchscreens. My reflexes are faster than the touchscreen can register; often times, I will tap the screen just before a bird hits something to activate its special power only to have it not register before it hits. Even a 0.1 second delay is too much for me.

Angry Birds demonstrates the inefficiencies of touchscreens. My reflexes are faster than the touchscreen can register; often times, I will tap the screen just before a bird hits something to activate its special power only to have it not register before it hits. Even a 0.1 second delay is too much for me.

They account for that by knowing you don't need .1 seconds to activate their power. You can beat every level perfectly without needing instant reaction time. It's a strategy game not a FPS.

While I do agree the game is a little boring now days, no one can argue it wasn't an addictive little game right at first. Seeing as how apps are hit and miss now days, can you blame the for milking the cash cow? Most all of you would be doing it too.

Back