GTA V Release Date Leaks and Then Leaks Again

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Some things are just not meant to be kept secret and the release date for Grand Theft Auto V must be one of them. Try as they might, Amazon seems bound and determined to get the word out, albeit in a clandestine way. :D

There however are captured a screenshots of an e-mail sent out to everyone who pre-ordered Grand Theft Auto V at Amazon, showing the proposed release date. The PC version is still scheduled a few months later.

I looked at the article but I didn't see mention of PC release in the Amazon email. Did I miss it?

The PC version is still scheduled a few months later.

wtf, shoot me

They either wanna get it right and fix _all_ the bugs (LOL, no) or PC game sales aren't seen by them as worth as much money as the console versions. It's prolly the second part which makes Skribbels sad, though not over GTA in specific since I don't really care much for the series.

They either wanna get it right and fix _all_ the bugs (LOL, no) or PC game sales aren't seen by them as worth as much money as the console versions. It's prolly the second part which makes Skribbels sad, though not over GTA in specific since I don't really care much for the series.

It's the second one. All of the last few GTA games were the same. They always release the PC versions months later. It usually is a crappy console port too that is not optimized at all.

Did you just go third person

Yes..true. :)

It's the second one. All of the last few GTA games were the same. They always release the PC versions months later. It usually is a crappy console port too that is not optimized at all.

They're doing the same thing with the Skyrim expansion pack. I mean, if it really comes down to making garbage ports or taking some time to get them somewhat working on release, I'm okay with waiting. Then again, sometimes you wait a long time and still get something that's not really worth playing.

It depends which studio gets to handle the PC version.

R*Toronto still around?

Maybe they've improved over the years.. :(

Expectations are so high i wonder how it can possible live up to the near religious experience that was GTA4. Countless friends of mine bought a 360 just to play it. And the only reason I havent sold my own 360 thats been collecting dust for a year is in anticipation of GTA5.

Max Payne 3 ran awesome on PC, way better then GTA IV. I have hope.

where does it say the pc version is coming at all ?

yeah, it's likely coming later, like every GTA before it, but there is no mention of the pc version of gta5 in that link

The PC version is still scheduled a few months later.

wtf, shoot me

Since Rockstar specifically said they are NOT bringing it to PC at this time, I need a link for that one, sir.

GTA V is only confirmed for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. Why not the PC, Wii U and so on?

Everything else is up for consideration. That's all I can give you. The main thing is we are not... we are a third-party publisher. We're not Nintendo, we're not Sony, we're not Microsoft. We love all of them in different ways. But we can do what we want wherever there's the appropriate business opportunity and chance to find a market. If that's on Apple we put something on Apple. Wherever it might be. I think that's the fun in what we do. We see ourselves as a content company that uses technology. We don't make it; we use it to make the most fun stuff.

Ummm...blah blah blah, SPIN, blah blah blah.....yeah.

This email brought to you via government spying.....

but seriously:
if they're leaking that bad, perhaps a pair of adult diapers are in order

Back