Topless Women at Game Developer's Holiday Party?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Game developers throwing holiday parties featuring topless women? Where the hell were our invitations? ;)

It seems that there were at least a couple of eyebrow-raising Christmas parties in the Montreal scene. While we haven't heard much more about the Warner Brothers one, I've gotten in touch with one attendee at the Gameloft party, who spoke to me under condition of anonymity. According to that attendee, there were several women wearing nothing but g-strings and body paint that "looked like armor with [their] boobs showing."

why is this always treated like it's a bad thing by the press?

Jealousy.

You can look at this from both gender aspects of it. Men want to be there, women want to be paid to be there. Sadly, both of them are stuck trying to make mountains out of molehills.

what no photos?
UldJB.png

The holiday party, you go there thinking of having a nice time with the people you work with, and you end up with naked girls around you.

That sounds like the best work xmas party ever!

why is this always treated like it's a bad thing by the press?

Because everything is bad. Guns, alcohol, sex...

I wouldn't mind. Seems like a win/win for them. Sure, if the girls were forced to do it, that would suck. But they were paid and were there on their own accord. Yay!

When a company encourages these kinds of things, how are we supposed to tell men in the company that women working with them are serious, intelligent people?"

Read the article..regretting it..should of just jumped on the Titties! bandwagon. Feminist bullshit quotes like the above out of the article just piss me off. I can't believe they don't recognize how degrading they are being to themselves and how outright insulting they are being to men. They can't see how men can see the difference between a co-worker and a stripper? Really? Fucking Really? Well if they can't tell, then why the hell aren't they taking their tops off and making the work day better? What a completely MORONIC statement. You don't have to tell me that the women I work with are serious and intelligent. I can see that for myself because I am not the dimwitted Caveman that feminists seem to think it is ok to portray men as. Funny they find it ok to portray us as bumbling idiots but a couple girls take their tits out and the world is ending.

I will note that there don't seem to be any pictures of the women who were complaining. So I found one..I will just leave it here.
3433580047_HootersProtester_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

It never fails to amuse me that people get upset over this stuff. While visiting Europe I watched TV commercials for everything from blue jeans to air conditioners featuring topless women (not a shred of body paint on them) and no one was rioting in the streets, no one was writing op eds about how offended they were and the sun rose just fine the following morning. They're boobs. Get the hell over it already!

Telling Montrealers there is something wrong with naked women, is like telling Americans there is something wrong with guns. Waste of time.

I bet there was an American woman at this party, cause woman in Montreal could care less about some titties.

Since it's only been said twice - "pics or it didn't happen!"

Telling Montrealers there is something wrong with naked women, is like telling Americans there is something wrong with guns. Waste of time.

I bet there was an American woman at this party, cause woman in Montreal could care less about some titties.

Montreal. Says it all. Canadians are a lot less wierded out by this than Americans.

GAWD DAMN... that's a fat PUSSY.

on a side note -- this country is going to the shit hole with all the stupid sensitive bullcrap. I mean to a certain degree, stereotypes are somewhat true. NOT all the time, but just realize if you take EVERY gawddamn thing in the world so seriuos, then the world is such a fucking boring place.

GAWD DAMN... that's a fat PUSSY.

on a side note -- this country is going to the shit hole with all the stupid sensitive bullcrap. I mean to a certain degree, stereotypes are somewhat true. NOT all the time, but just realize if you take EVERY gawddamn thing in the world so seriuos, then the world is such a fucking boring place.

Haha! It's one big kitty. :)

Anyhow, they're just boobies. Over 50% of the world has boobs (even more if you include fat guys). So video game developers wanted boobies at a party. Who cares?

Meh probably all "bolt on's" anyways.

LOL That's classic. I'm gonna use that :p

PS. The media should die. They can be likened to crazy bi*ch's... the ones that argue about absolutely pointless things and the world is always against them (i KNOW you've dated at least one)! ;)

I'm sensing there's some underlying "hurrr, videogame nerds have to pay for boobies," sentiment driving these types of stories.

I am sure this is hardly exclusive to video game developer parties. I am also sure that a comparable dearth of fucks are given about those too.

No different than having grid girls in racing events. They just wear significantly lesser clothes in this one.

Anyhow, they're just boobies. Over 50% of the world has boobs (even more if you include fat guys). So video game developers wanted boobies at a party. Who cares?

I don't know who.

The issue is that this katten ate a piano.

Wow, that' pretty damn tame. The strippers had G-strings on? Damn, that's like an American strip club.

guh kotaku, not entirely thrilled their 'complete' coverage articles.

I will say that most of america is too busy being politically correct. It has really killed our office mood lately with all the 'keep the talk appropriate!' talk we've been getting. Thats like 99% of our office talk gone :(.

How about women just stop being so damn insecure about themselves and lets us admire there beauty in peace.

It's Montreal. Don't try and hold them to someone else's standards.

I live in New Zealand. Went to a Samsung product knowledge seminar here a few years ago. They had body painted women there too. Nobody was offended. Not the male or female attendees. Not anyone representing Samsung. Not even the painted women.

Yes, and 75% of gamers have boobies. Unfortunately none of them are female, but that aside...

It's Montreal. Don't try and hold them to someone else's standards.

I live in New Zealand. Went to a Samsung product knowledge seminar here a few years ago. They had body painted women there too. Nobody was offended. Not the male or female attendees. Not anyone representing Samsung. Not even the painted women.

http://kotaku.com/5970657/gameloft-...topless-and-tried-to-dance-with-our-employees

They seem to be held to their own standards in this case, at least according to their corporate, regardless of Kotaku's white knighting attempts.

Anyways.. people only seem to get bent out of shape when it happens in the game industry, and on TV. Movies and Music seem to have free run of boobs. Maybe the news still thinks of gamers as fat pimply nerds who should be quarantined away from attractive people. I dunno what TV's problem is though, blame Janet Jackson.

This actually seems like a rather strange complaint, and it seems like the people protesting it are focusing on the wrong thing.

The thing that should really be thought about, is why women can't take their shirts off without losing respect or being stared at. I actually knew a woman once that worked as an auto mechanic... one day, it was really hot outside, and she was incredibly overheated, drinking water and everything. The men were able to take their shirts off in order to cool down... but she knew that she couldn't do so without being seen as doing something inappropriate and losing respect.

Why don't they complain about that instead? All they're doing is reinforcing the same social standards everyone in the US already holds anyway... the unwritten assumption that it's immoral both for women to expose themselves in any way, and for men to enjoy it. The current social standard penalizes them both, so I don't see how their outrage changes anything, rather than simply echoing the offense naturally indicated by common values.

What would lead to real equality and respect, would be if both men and women could work out some kind of arrangement where men could appreciate women's bodies while still seeing them as people, and women didn't have to be afraid of losing their respect among both sexes just because something got uncovered.

It's difficult for me to comment on this one. Topless women are not a problem. It's actually quite enjoyable. We have too many real problems to worry about in this world. The only thing about it is the tendency for guys to get all "foamy at the mouth" and other women being overly judgmental. There are just too many places where someone in the crowd WILL call the cops for being offended. The fact that this is even a news article says everything. Although I go with Steve on this....where was my invite? I'm not a gamer but I do like to code.

Maxon [Bodypaint] had topless women a few years back at Siggraph. No one batted an eye... I walked past and did not notice.

E3 has had topless women doing the bodypaint thing. No word was said...

At a private party? Gasp?

Back