5 Big Tech Stories To Watch For In 2013

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ummm, hello? The world is ending tomorrow, that should trump the five big tech stories of 2013. :D

Let's talk 2013. Will we still be paying attention to patents, smartphones, and IPOs? The answer is "yes, yes, and yes," but not in the way you might imagine. The great thing about writing about the high-tech industry is its constant march forward. New companies get built on the bones of old companies, and new faces emerge while others fade. It's what keeps us going and sitting on those hard, wooden courtroom benches.

Eh... don't care about any of those tech stories to be honest. Only thing that might hit my fancy is the idea of patents, but I doubt any change of the absolutely retarded system that is in place now will occur.

1. Not a tech company, not tech news.
2. Facebook isn't tech either, nor are tech IPOs.
3. Microsoft is trying not to be a tech company, nor has it apparently innovated anything since forever.
4. Facebook isn't a tech company.
5. Patents prevent tech.

:p

I thought that would be about hover cars or mind controls or something. :(

Those do seem to be a weird bunch of choices ... I wouldn't have chosen those ... the big tech stories I am interested in for 2013 are:

1. 4K Monitors - although they will certainly be out of my price range I am interested to see what the new technology looks like and what kind of reception it gets

2. Big Screen OLED - the OLED doesn't really seem to be expanding much. Would be interesting to see if we get some bigger screen flat monitors

3. Intel/MS touch based tablets - with the Surface Pro and other OEM models hitting it is going to be interesting to see how the touch Wintel architecture looks

4. NG Consoles - I am not a console consumer but I would like to see if they make a better tech push that brings them closer to PC capabilities so that the console ports become better

Those are the big things that interest me :)

The only thing that caught my attention was that the author Jim Kerstetter likes a lot like Chuck Norris!

Back