The WTF Video of the Day

looks like she left her scrunchies in the washer and dryer and she's trying to unknot it.

i'm trying to think of any kind of mechanical advantage/use this would have in a real world application and cant think of any, it would seem that unless the gears were encased correctly that the mesh would be quite loose.

otherwise, cool desk toy/conversation starter.

I feel like whatever application this could be figured into, a set of spider gears would be just as effective and far easier and cheaper to implement.

It's the WTF video of the day because we're all thinkg WTF did you post it? That video was way too long and boring...

I can imagine this would create a lot more metal shavings than a regular "2D" gear.

It's the WTF video of the day because we're all thinkg WTF did you post it? That video was way too long and boring...

sadly thought the same. First couple seconds it was kinda neat, then it just turned into 3 loosey goosey 3D printed rings and a guy slowly rotating them.

"I'm at least finding it very addictive, umm, I just have to sort of keep rotating it."

Q F T

Wow, I wasted 6 min. of my life. :mad:

So this 3D gear is the new stress ball?

Eh, whoever watched the entire six minutes expecting something to change has no right to complain about anything other then their apparently inability to click away.

Ok the inner physics geek in me saw that and said Calabi-yau space...

That said, seems like you make a gear with 1 potential problem area (where they touch) into a gear with 3 potential problem areas where each touches each.

Eh, whoever watched the entire six minutes expecting something to change has no right to complain about anything other then their apparently inability to click away.

You make a point. But I guess I was holding out for that 0.0000000001% chance that some hot chicks would randomly show up in the video. Instead, it was just the same British guy fondling some funky gears. :p

I don't get it... there is so much friction happening there it wouldn't be viable for anything if you could even put it into anything.

Back