Hackers Claim To Have Breached NASA, ESA, Pentagon

HardOCP News

[H] News
And the countdown to mass arrests begins in 3...2...1. Honestly, do these guys ever NOT get caught?

In "#ProjectWhiteFox", what the team says will be their last project for the year, the hackers appear to have targeted and stolen database records from companies and organizations including NASA, Bigelow Aerospace, Aerospace Suppliers, World Airport Transfers, the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) and a defense contractor for the Pentagon.

Oh noes! They got the inflatable space tube specs from Bigelow! That'll show "The Man."

WTF ever. I'm sure they'll post some grammar impaired screed about being freedom fighters for the common man or something while they release "dox" and ruin the lives of regular folks. For freedom. or something.

Start with a younger generation, neglect their social well being and under educate them. Then ruin their futures through a ponzi global banking system that piles on debt to which they're gonna have to pay the butchers bill on. Take Spain for example with its 49% unemployment with the youth, and you're basically creating a powder keg of hate and resentment.

Whether you condone these guys actions or not, I can easily see why they're causing havoc amongst the governments. I mean they're pretty blunt about how they're in open war against Russia, I'm not too familiar with the politics of that situation, but you can tell they're not exactly fond of their politicians.

Honestly, do these guys ever NOT get caught?

Nobody ever hears about the ones that don't get caught. I would bet unreported intrusions vastly outnumber those you hear about in the news. After all, who wants to run to the news and let everyone know what a shitty job you do at securing your information?

That assumes these hackers actually accomplished something. How many times have we read "Hackers plan huge break-in!" only to see a fat lot of NOTHING on the "doomsday?"

For some reason this reminded me of the "hacking" in the Genesis version of Shadowrun.

Not much. All the classified stuff isn't allowed anywhere near a network with internet.

Actually classified information is sent over the internet all the time. It's just that it's encrypted with keys that change all the time and it would take years, if not decades to decrypt and that's if you could manage to gather every single packet. By the time you actually get the information, it's probably already been declassified.

I say go for it.

I guess I'm the only one that's interested what our government and their entities are doing with OUR tax money. Personally, I feel that if we are paying for it (which we pay for everything) that we should get to KNOW what the fuck is going on.

This whole thing where the government gets to spend BILLIONS on shit then NOT have to tell us what for is fucking slap to the face. Government claims we're in trouble, can't afford this or that, but somehow billions get spent and what the fuck for.

I support these guys! If it gets to show the corruption and money wasting that our government does (which is most things) then I'm totally for this and YOU should be too!

I say go for it.

I guess I'm the only one that's interested what our government and their entities are doing with OUR tax money. Personally, I feel that if we are paying for it (which we pay for everything) that we should get to KNOW what the fuck is going on.

This whole thing where the government gets to spend BILLIONS on shit then NOT have to tell us what for is fucking slap to the face. Government claims we're in trouble, can't afford this or that, but somehow billions get spent and what the fuck for.

I support these guys! If it gets to show the corruption and money wasting that our government does (which is most things) then I'm totally for this and YOU should be too!

It's a fine line to walk sometimes though. On the one hand, I agree, we want to know what our government is doing with our tax money. On the other hand, though, in the case of say, for example, defense spending, you don't want made public cutting edge technology research. Corruption will never not be a part of human society, but it has been allowed to get far out of hand currently.

It's a fine line to walk sometimes though. On the one hand, I agree, we want to know what our government is doing with our tax money. On the other hand, though, in the case of say, for example, defense spending, you don't want made public cutting edge technology research. Corruption will never not be a part of human society, but it has been allowed to get far out of hand currently.

"Defense" spending. THAT'S a joke!

Like as if those billions spent annually couldn't go towards more HELPFUL things like...oh I don't know...education? Healthcare? General fuck well being for the citizens of this country.

Not bashing on YOU personally...but I think that in letting the general population know about these things it can only HELP in making this country better. I mean, if you just learned through leaked documents that the government spent two billion dollars on developing new tank treads would that NOT piss you off? Two billion spent on something so trivial when we have some of the worst public schools of first world countries, some of the worst poverty levels, etc.

So while I agree that some things are best kept secret I think that things that AREN'T secretive enough to be kept TOTALLY offline and impossible to leak or let be known aren't important enough to BE kept secret...make sense?

Most "secrets" that are kept from the public aren't kept secret because they are detrimental to REAL national security (and not this bullshit we call threats now a days), they are kept secret to keep the civilians of this country from blowing the fuck up because of the billions upon billions of dollars WASTED on bullshit year after year decade after decade. I guarantee anyone that if we knew of 10% of the money they flush down the toilet shit would change FAST.

I hate this shit. We don't have enough money to improve things that NEED improving but yet we somehow, year after year, have the money to throw towards useless crap. I'd love to see someone dismiss or discredit this. No one can though, because its the truth.

Like as if those billions spent annually couldn't go towards more HELPFUL things like...oh I don't know...education? Healthcare? General fuck well being for the citizens of this country.

... + the rest

Well said.

Not much. All the classified stuff isn't allowed anywhere near a network with internet.

No, they just put it on laptops and people walk around with them unecrypted and leave them in the airport, or they just give them to Chinese nationals no question asked.

I don't know what hackers fucking with NASA has to do with re-writing the constitution to buy a hobo a new pair of shoes.

A healthy, educated population with high infrastructure and resources, but with insufficient defense spending has a name. Its called a target. Does the US over spend being the world police? You bet. We should cut back and let other countries take a more proactive role.

Most "secrets" that are kept from the public aren't kept secret because they are detrimental to REAL national security (and not this bullshit we call threats now a days), they are kept secret to keep the civilians of this country from blowing the fuck up because of the billions upon billions of dollars WASTED on bullshit year after year decade after decade. I guarantee anyone that if we knew of 10% of the money they flush down the toilet shit would change FAST.
On this I agree with 100%.

I hate this shit. We don't have enough money to improve things that NEED improving but yet we somehow, year after year, have the money to throw towards useless crap. I'd love to see someone dismiss or discredit this. No one can though, because its the truth.
Agreed, but dumping more money into education and social services doesn't seem to help either. Kids are getting dumber and more dependent, peoples health levels are dropping, etc. More money is not the answer. More personal responsibility is.

Probably just propaganda to get more stupid laws passed for control of the net.

Back