McAfee Arrested In Guatemala

HardOCP News

[H] News
Let the "McAfee Free Trial Offer" jokes begin. This guy probably would have had better luck seeking asylum in the Ecuadorean embassy. :D

Anti-virus software guru John McAfee was arrested by Guatemalan police on Wednesday, for illegally entering the country, interior minister Mauricio Lopez Bonilla said. McAfee crossed into Guatemala to evade authorities in Belize who want to question him in connection with the murder of his neighbor. There is no international arrest warrant for McAfee.

I seriously just believe this is for show, and I seriously believe they can't be stupid enough to send him back to Belize and not just send him to the states. He apparently still has citizenship, which is baffling as fuck given he hasn't paid them any taxes.

Though I seriously doubt the states is going to step up to his aid given his history of snubbing his nose and trying to avoid paying taxes, the states does not look too fondly upon that.

Guatemala just wants their cut. Fortunately for McAfee, its probably a lesser cut than what Belize wanted.

Money he doesn't have which is all locked up/taken by Belize government

Oh wait, they said they haven't locked up his money, except he can't get any.

SO WHICH IS IT BELIZE?

The hearing isn't scheduled till mid-2013. Wow! This will drag all the way out until 2014 or later...

Just let him go. It'll make for a great real life Bond movie when he attempts to exact revenge on the governments that betrayed him! Then Bond will fly in all covertly and shit in his own luxury-car-slash-private-jet (sponsored by Audi), dive out of it while its still midair, have sex with his female spy counterpart who's working a different angle, whilst attempting to pull his parachute cord. Upon landing he'll have sex with a few male guards to avoid escape, steal a Hoveround to chase down the baddies who ran. As they flee in black Range Rovers, Bond follows them all the way to McAfee's secret lair on his Hoveround conserving his strength. After standing still and avoiding a hale of gunfire from automatic weapons, he'll wait until they attempt to reload and karate chop them to death, then fight some mini-boss who lands a punch or two, causing Bond to bite his own tongue and receive an ouchie. Then just as McAfee is about to push a big red button that lets loose a supermagic computer virus made to cause nuclear devastation by launching missiles at the Chinese, Bond grabs McAfee's hands and stuffs them down his pants, has sex with McAfee and then says some cool shit like, "I only loved you for your software" and kills him.

So, please let him go, Guatemala.

Does anyone not believe this guy is guilty as sin? With all the money he has and the lawyers he could afford,why else would he run? The guy should be convicted just for bilking people with his lousy AV software. Maybe they can send Dog the Bounty Hunter after him,another high profile arrest might get him back his TV show.:D

Does anyone not believe this guy is guilty as sin? With all the money he has and the lawyers he could afford,why else would he run? The guy should be convicted just for bilking people with his lousy AV software. Maybe they can send Dog the Bounty Hunter after him,another high profile arrest might get him back his TV show.:D

Guilty of what? He hasn't been charged in Belize with anything. He ran from them because he claims they are corrupt and want to pilfer his cheddarz.

Just let him go. It'll make for a great real life Bond movie when he attempts to exact revenge on the governments that betrayed him! Then Bond will fly in all covertly and shit in his own luxury-car-slash-private-jet (sponsored by Audi), dive out of it while its still midair, have sex with his female spy counterpart who's working a different angle, whilst attempting to pull his parachute cord. Upon landing he'll have sex with a few male guards to avoid escape, steal a Hoveround to chase down the baddies who ran. As they flee in black Range Rovers, Bond follows them all the way to McAfee's secret lair on his Hoveround conserving his strength. After standing still and avoiding a hale of gunfire from automatic weapons, he'll wait until they attempt to reload and karate chop them to death, then fight some mini-boss who lands a punch or two, causing Bond to bite his own tongue and receive an ouchie. Then just as McAfee is about to push a big red button that lets loose a supermagic computer virus made to cause nuclear devastation by launching missiles at the Chinese, Bond grabs McAfee's hands and stuffs them down his pants, has sex with McAfee and then says some cool shit like, "I only loved you for your software" and kills him.

So, please let him go, Guatemala.

but does it have to include all the gay sex?

Guilty of what? He hasn't been charged in Belize with anything. He ran from them because he claims they are corrupt and want to pilfer his cheddarz.

They've already looted his house of everything of value, even taking bathroom fixtures, they seized his bank accounts, everything

McAffee literally is flat broke now. Belize took it all.

I love that he was caught because of image metadata from a reporter covering his story... Never doubt the power of human stupidity...

Really, I love it when people who are famous do something funny like this! It's great to see that she has a sense of humor even if the zombie joke is kinda getting old. We need more politicians to make funny videos! :)

They've already looted his house of everything of value, even taking bathroom fixtures, they seized his bank accounts, everything

McAffee literally is flat broke now. Belize took it all.

Where did you hear that from? I can't find any news articles stating this at all. In fact, when I do searches, all I can find are articles implying McAfee selling his US property and moving to Belize to dodge a wrongful death lawsuit.

I hadn't read that either. Maybe it was part of his own propaghanda like that whole story about the north korean passport or whatever lol.

This whole ordeal is very entertaining. He is quite a writer, I've never actually followed a blog before this :D http://www.whoismcafee.com/

As a result of an acquisition, I worked for McAfee (not by choice). But, they do have legitimate products other than their consumer anti-virus, some of them best of class. I always wondered why we never heard much about the founder, now I see why. He seems pretty smart but stupid at the same time.

I just hope McAfee's news coverage is not going to be like Kim Dot Com. Seems like you couldn't throw a rock without hitting an article about this guy daily.

So I suppose this is a setback in the quest for super perv powder huh?

Back