Quad-Core Exynos ODROID-U Developer Boards

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you are impressed with the possible uses for the inexpensive Raspberry Pi boards, you’ll really take notice of a soon to be released ODROID-U. The pint-sized board sports a 1.4 GHz quad core processor, 1 gig of RAM, USB ports, Ethernet and more. ODROID-U2 will be available first, starting December 21st, with the cheaper board penciled in to arrive on January 16th.

hmm depends on the support. What has made RPi so successful has been how well supported it's been on the software side and how cheap it is.

release a dual-NIC of any of these RaspPi or ODROIDs and it'd be a pretty decent pfsense box, no?

release a dual-NIC of any of these RaspPi or ODROIDs and it'd be a pretty decent pfsense box, no?
Not really. Most just connect the ethernet port to the board over USB. This is why none of the boards offer gigabit. These SOCs lack any highspeed IO suitable for a faster communication protocol.

Also, this dev board could really use some GPIOs.

I second this and even if they were reduced to only 100mb speeds that is still plenty for a very nice pfsense box. I love my current pfsense setup but would love something like one of these if produced.

Well we wont know hoe good these really are since they arent shipping til the end of the world.

I wonder when microsoft will sell oem copies of windows 8 rt so we can install it on one of these devices, and have a cheap little portable computer in the palm of our hands :)

almost makes you wonder was OUYA a rip off.

There is SOOOOOO much more that goes into a device then just the hardware. What OUYA is doing hardware wise, ANYONE can do. Its the software, community and partnerships that will make or break OUYA, not the hardware. You are paying OUYA to take OTS hardware and smooth it out with software.

Back