25 Years of Nintendo History in Three Minutes

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you are old enough to remember Nintendo of yore, you probably need a refresher primer for its history. Reverse Enginears, an agency that specializes in recapturing gaming memories, has put together a remix of some memorable cuts to bring it all back.

That video just about nails all the best stuff from all their consoles, although there are some pretty big titles left out.

25 years of rehashing the same shit over and over again...

some of it got better, most of it got old. Such as Super Mario. Essentially Nintendo systems were only ever great because of first party games, outside of Metroid, Mario, Zelda nintedo really has nothing. Out of first party I can only ever name a few games on each generation of their system that were good. However not so much with the xbox and playstations.

To be fair, any attempt to be different was always met with persecution and ignored. I always wished Beam Software had made the sequel to Shadowrun, one of the most underrated SNES games ever.

That video just about nails all the best stuff from all their consoles, although there are some pretty big titles left out.

Indeed, but it was still an awesome video, and it was well made. I enjoyed it.

Thank God there was the ps ps2 sega gen gen 2 and xbox nintendo sucks in my opinion the games are made for 5 year old kids.

So many good memories. I think I own almost all of those older games, except Banjo Kazooie.

Thank you Nintendo for being a big part of my childhood. Kids these days don't appreciate the lineage of games these days. Back then you had to use your imagination to bring that world to life even more than the games of today. Having your imagination fill in those gaps is what makes growing up with those games so much more memorable.

Thank God there was the ps ps2 sega gen gen 2 and xbox nintendo sucks in my opinion the games are made for 5 year old kids.

I feel like a dunce responding to what is probably a troll post, but if you aren't trolling, I really wish you could have the memories I did.

Anyway, what's with all these gaming nostalgia videos and what not? It feels like an era is ending or something. I guess gaming is in a bugger slump than I realize.

Nintendo games are legendary. Timeless games. People will be playing mario games 100 years from now still.

I had a Sega Genesis and while it had some ok games it couldn't compete with the SNES.

And hey, if Nintendo made games for 5 year olds, I guess you should be all over them.

As compared to what? Call of Duty that's had a new game every year with minute changes? Madden? Assassin's Creed?

Even the new franchises that came out with these current consoles are being milked. Next year we'll be seeing the 4th Gears of War game and I expect the 4th Uncharted game to be out before the PS4 gets released. There were only 2 Legend of Zelda games out for the Wii by comparison.

Name and Brand recognition can bring in huge sales, and often when people buy Nintendo consoles or handhelds, that ends up being one of the reasons, for those games.

As compared to what? Call of Duty that's had a new game every year with minute changes? Madden? Assassin's Creed?

Even the new franchises that came out with these current consoles are being milked. Next year we'll be seeing the 4th Gears of War game and I expect the 4th Uncharted game to be out before the PS4 gets released. There were only 2 Legend of Zelda games out for the Wii by comparison.

Name and Brand recognition can bring in huge sales, and often when people buy Nintendo consoles or handhelds, that ends up being one of the reasons, for those games.

and only one of those zelda games was exclusive.. the other was a port from gamecube.

very nifty video. They really did rehash and reimagine thier core games frequently but Zelda and Metroid always felt like a new experience to me with each new version...Mario to a degree too. Well done, Nintendo.

That was annoying how it was made. It kept flashing back to the same scenes over and over.

It was cool to see the old games, though.

My first real console after my dad's intellivision was NES, These are the games I would say were the dominant factors for me over the years they did not include:

Excitebike, Duckhunt, Dragon Quest (any), FF (any, especially 6, probably top 10 game ever made), Paperboy, Waverace64, Chrono FKing Trigger!, well atleast those are the gold standard life changers for me. . .

After that it was jrpg's and pc fps games that stole my love.

My first real console after my dad's intellivision was NES, These are the games I would say were the dominant factors for me over the years they did not include:

Excitebike, Duckhunt, Dragon Quest (any), FF (any, especially 6, probably top 10 game ever made), Paperboy, Waverace64, Chrono FKing Trigger!, well atleast those are the gold standard life changers for me. . .

After that it was jrpg's and pc fps games that stole my love.

I think the video was intended to focus on Nintendo itself and the games they made.

Back