Cyber Monday Biggest Web Shopping Day in History

HardOCP News

[H] News
Online spending on Cyber Monday in the U.S. was up 17% from a year ago, for a grand total of almost $1.5 billion in sales. :eek:

Breaking the total down, ComScore said that the top category for sales was digital content and subscriptions (up 28 percent), followed by consumer electronics (up 24 percent and "buoyed by gains in smartphone sales"), computer hardware (up 22 percent, boosted by tablet sales), video games, consoles and accessories (up 18 percent) and jewelry and watches (up 17 percent).

I honestly saw nothing worth buying. I only saw artificially inflated prices, if anything. I was looking forward to some stuff being on a nice sale, but unfortunately the regular price or sale price the weeks before Thanksgiving was faaaar better!

This just goes to show you that companies can inflate prices and make the "sale" price look awesome... and stupid people will still buy it.

What the hell were they buying? There was like nothing of value I saw worth buying, just cut down rubbish... Even the Steam sale was lame...:confused:

ppl were just picking up random TVs and tablets because they had probably the worst black friday sales in 10 yrs. Many were disappointed in that there were nothing worth picking up during the holiday.

I honestly saw nothing worth buying.

Same here.
Didn't see anything worth buying on Monday.

However, I did get a good deal on a tablet Thursday morning during a pre-Black Friday sale.

What the hell were they buying? There was like nothing of value I saw worth buying, just cut down rubbish... Even the Steam sale was lame...:confused:

This.

The Egg had that 500GB Raptor for $80 but that was about it really. Steelseries had their 50% sale on their website but screwed the pooch on it and nearly had their site collapse and people are STILL waiting for order confirmations.

But yeah, I saw a lot of fluff and things that were marked UP from the price they were before black Friday and then discounted back to the original price to show a false "discount".

Echoing the sentiments already written, I got some great deals on Thanksgiving, but Cyber Monday had nothing for me.

I bought nothing this year, how the hell was this a record year when the sentiment is what it is? Population increase or what? Even my co-workers echoed this, some who are basically digital hoarders...

I bought nothing this year, how the hell was this a record year when the sentiment is what it is? Population increase or what? Even my co-workers echoed this, some who are basically digital hoarders...

Apparently the average spent per person was over $400 or something... Maybe a bunch of people bought cars and houses...:confused:

The only good deal I saw was paint samples at Lowes. They marked them down to $1.50 from $4, so I grabbed a half dozen. All other deals looked like crap. I had a monitor I wanted to get that was $299 on BF and it was $335 on CM. I'm kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on BF and now I have to sit and wait for it to go down in price... :(

Back