Fractal Design NODE 304

HardOCP News

[H] News
Another review of the Fractal Design NODE 304 small form factor case has popped up on the internet. This time around it is the folks at techPowerUP doing the reviewing.

The Fractal Design Node 304 does not only look good on the outside, but it also makes great use of its space within. It is clearly the evolution of the Array case: it still offers the ability to install loads of hard drives while also giving the user the ability to go for a big, high-performance GPU. This means that the Node 304 can house a great gaming system, especially as you may also install a fairly large CPU cooler.

Is it just me, or is this case nearly impossible to source here in the US? Nothing on Newegg and eBay has them ... available in the UK. :mad:

IMO - one of the best cases for rolling your own NAS if space and aesthetics are a concern.

- G&B

If you really want it, you could import it from the UK. :)

http://compare.ebay.com/like/261111714915?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Many problems can be resolved by throwing enough money at it.

I've been following that listing as well as the one from FiercePC ... :D

With the current exchange rate, you are looking at $140 US BEFORE shipping ... :mad:

Holiday season + more folks shipping + importing from outside the US = who knows when it would arrive. Then again ... I could throw more money at it to get it in a timely manner. :D

Seems that they shipped one pallet to NCIX last month and figured that was enough for the north american market this year. Apparently Fractal Design does paper launches worse than AMD or Nvidia ever did.

^^^ any idea what the price was when it was at ncix? possibly may pick it up for an htpc setup. looks great

I am totally incompetent when it comes to proper cooling and airflow for computers, so I was wondering if anyone with knowledge for this specific case, or SFF in general could assist me. Due to the small enclosure design of this case, do I have to buy a certain type of fan unit on a GPU for proper airflow and cooling inside the case?

For example, I wanted to buy this card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16814127615

From the looks of it I would believe that this card keeps the GPU cool, but the hot hair seems to stay in the case, and not completely directed out of the back of the case.

Will this GPU cooler type be okay? Or do I need to buy a rear-exit blower type that will exhaust the hot hair out the case like a lot of reference coolers do. I'm planning to build an i5 3570k (4.2OC), 8gb ram, Asrock itx, 1ssd, and 1HD. Due to limited space I want to keep everything nice and cool as possible, but am worried about GPU heat. Any help?

Back