Try Mozilla’s Mobile Operating System in Your Browser

HardOCP News

[H] News
Stuck at your computer on Turkeyday with nothing to do? Download the Firefox OS Simulator and mess around with it for awhile. :cool:

“Much like various versions of Firefox, the overall concept here is premium and of quality, but not because it's expensive. Good quality design should be accessible to masses much like our products,” Mozilla’s Patryk Adamczyk said in a blog post about the OS earlier this year. “Our strong focus is on high quality and distinctive design in the marketplace.”

That's actually quite nice.

Better than iOS anyways.

I probably just like it because it seems like a highly modified Android.

looks about as Fischer Price ugly as win8

I'll pass thanks, these retards are going to drive me all the way back to the command line eventually.

I'll pass thanks, these retards are going to drive me all the way back to the command line eventually.

It needs lots of work. They didn't even bother to support Internet Explorer 6 with this demonstration. It might not be fair to abuse them too much though. They probably are just looking for people to give them useful feedback about their design.

What does this guy have to do with Windows 8? Lol.

Not bad overall I suppose.

So I go to check out the Pictures app in the demo...hit the "Trash" button on one of my pictures...the demo actually permanently deleted the photo from my Pictures folder on my PC.

Wonderful.

Also (completely unbiased opinion here despite it deleting shit off my PC) this is just a Android theme. I don't see anything special here.

Fail.

yeah. No. Don't think i'm going to think twice about a mozilla os. I think google have got that coverered. I still almost exclusively use firefox but i suspect that this in ever increasingly becoming due to familiarity. From the impression i get chrome is the superior browser, but as it only uses the system proxy configuration, i haven't started using it at work and thus haven't at home. I think that google simply has the smarts in the tech industry that a non profit org like mozilla simply can't compete with. Oh and have you heard? Steve jobs is dead.

To me it felt a lot like a feature-phone version of iOS... it's functional but very plain and completely uninspired and unoriginal.

Back