Tech Turkeys of 2012

HardOCP News

[H] News
C|Net has a list of the biggest Tech Turkeys of 2012 posted today that is definitely worth a look. I have to say, the list is pretty spot on and I think most of you will agree with the #1 tech turkey of 2012.

It was a year of fakers: fake degrees, fake demonstrations, even fake interviews. It seems the tech industry this past year has been awash in people who couldn't tell the truth -- or maybe wished the truth were something different.

Good list. Facebook's IPO disaster and the USPTO stand out for me.

Usually Cnet pushes out horrible drivel but they didn't completely get this one wrong. Number one was indeed number one.

Going from 50x overpriced to 25x overpriced is supposed to be a bad thing? This is why I can't take stock market reporting seriously. Facebook's IPO was a great thing for pre-IPO investors. The only surprising thing is that "investors" who bought obviously overpriced stocks still have nearly-as-overpriced stocks.

Also Zynga's executives are supposed to matter more then the games it rips off? Sounds like journalists keep having to search for a contact; not a problem for anyone else.

Still, not to bad for cnet. I don't go there for information, I go there to laugh at cnet.

Back