Foxconn Buys 350 More Acres of Land in Brazil

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The climate in Brazil must agree with the management of Foxconn since the company has invested a further $12.64 Million for an additional 350 acres of land for factory expansion.

The company has said that it planned to invest $492 million to build a new facility in Sao Paulo, Brazil to produce smartphones, tablets and other electronic devices.

It certainly will be interesting to see how Foxconn's management style goes over in Brazil. I predict riots if they try to do the same things they do in China.

It certainly will be interesting to see how Foxconn's management style goes over in Brazil. I predict riots if they try to do the same things they do in China.

Most people who have a degree in management read about how you can't like be the same kinda manager across cultures. They'll prolly hire some people from Brazil to give them advice or handle the "how to" junk for managing. Foxyconn is a big and successful company. They won't make b00b mistakes like that.

well, for starters, Foxconn is a Taiwan company and the wages in china are already on par with Taiwan .
You know its a shit country when your wages are on par with your chicom rival.

its probably because if you want to sell to Brazil, you have to pay very high taxes unless you have a factory there. I guess they ran the numbers and decided to go for it. Shipping costs to south and north america would also be cheaper than from Asia I would figure.

The climate in Brazil must agree with the management of Foxconn ...

Any english natural speaker could please explain to me the meaning of "the climate in brazil must agree with the manegement". Did [H] tried to say that Foxy management likes brazilian climate?

Duuudeeee, you have no idea how cold, umid and rainy Sao Paulo really is;)

NOPE, as with most people already working for chinese companys, most employees just take the ratbert treatment , wait 5 years and then sue the company back for boatloads of money.
And serioulys, the chinese do not know where they are treading. A few employees told taht it is usual to have videoconferences on saturday and late night hours, no vacations etc. they are just acceptting these abuses so later they can sue the companys back, filled to brim with proofs of labor laws disrespect.

on the other hand koreasn companys have a long and peaceful, relationship with the brazilian market- for them labor laws in brazil are much less rigid than back at home.

Wow. It's hard to imagine another country with even worse pay rates than China. As posted above, slave labor is right. To entice Foxcon to invest close to 500 million dollars means the labor laws are probably nonexistent when it comes to Foxcon.

Any english natural speaker could please explain to me the meaning of "the climate in brazil must agree with the manegement". Did [H] tried to say that Foxy management likes brazilian climate?

Duuudeeee, you have no idea how cold, umid and rainy Sao Paulo really is;)

Could have two meanings:

The weather. They must not care about the rainy weather because they bought so much land (350 acres).

or

"cultural" climate = similar...such as laws, cheap labor, no overtime pay, child labor, etc. Foxconn must be trying to get away with cheap labor practices in Brazil.

Wonder if Brazil is setting up any nets near the new plant and I don't mean Beach Volleyball nets.

its probably because if you want to sell to Brazil, you have to pay very high taxes unless you have a factory there. I guess they ran the numbers and decided to go for it. Shipping costs to south and north america would also be cheaper than from Asia I would figure.

Bingo. Foxconn got a deal with brazilian government to set up factories here and create lots of jobs (yeah, right). In exchange, they got a number of fiscal incentives (far lower taxes over their products, mostly).

Personally, I believe Foxconn will find out sooner than later that workers are surprisingly well protected by laws in Brazil. People here frequently sue companies due to worker rights violations and most than often win - and the whole legal process is relatively fast, too. So no, it's unlikely you'll see people suiciding on brazilian Foxconn facilities. On the other hand, I also believe the brazilian Foxconn factories will massively replace human workers by robots in a couple years at most, and because that they may lost the fiscal incentives from the government.

Back