Google Server Cooling Test Spawns 4ft Alligator

HardOCP News

[H] News
You can add "exploiting alligators" to the list of Google's crimes against nature. Quick, someone call Peta. ;)

“So we now have a 4-foot alligator that has taken up residence in our pond as well,” Kava said, clearly amused. He added that government experts have said it’ll have to be removed once it grows to six feet long.

The following comment basically sums up my thoughts on it:

It's a water body. In the Southeastern United States. Of course it has an alligator in it. Very nearly every body of water in the South large enough to be called a pond, lake, or river has alligators in them. They're a given.

So what makes this one noteworthy?

Obviously they have created a wetlands that needs to be protected by the EPA. I hope the EPA comes in and fines google $30,000,000,000,000 per day until they remedy the situation.

they don't need to be swimming, 'Gators got LEGS :p

You learn at a pretty early age what you should and shouldn't be doing around bodies of water in that part of the south. It's just a tiny gator. I'd make him a party hat and call him Norbert Hallifax.

What they didn't say is that its there to protect the remnants of our precious private data that has leaked out of google's top secrete direct data cooling system.

(this is a joke if you weren't sure)

Great! Now they have to create a chicken farm to feed the gators.
Which will attract some bald eagles, and then you won't be able to bring your smallest and lightest kids at the annual company picnic...

Back