Vimeo Demoing Its Upcoming Pay-to-View Service

HardOCP News

[H] News
What do you think about this idea? Will it be a success or another screw-that-I'll-just-get-it-on-YouTube failure?

The service works just as you’d expect: after a viewer buys access (artists sets the price), the purchased movie will automatically be downloaded to the user’s “Watch Later” list, which is immediately accessible on most devices.

I am fine with paying for content that is worth paying for.

The issues I have is the lack of availability of the content I want from a single device. I get that apple is a lost cause its either iTunes or die, but I want a simple device that does amazon, netflix, vimeo, etc

I can live with no streaming from my NAS, i will build something else for that, but why do I have to be stuck with a single provider of content when none of them actually provide ALL content.

I still don't see pay-per-view streaming content really taking off. Most of the pay-per-view customers still pay for cable or satillite anyway and use their pay-per-view for convience (at least thats how my cousin is). My wife and I kicked cable tv to the door side and it really hasn't been that bad. Between Netflix, Amazon & Redbox for movie rental it's been fine. Does anyone that cut the cord really feel like renting streaming content?

Back