Skype Allegedly Rats Out Minor Without Waiting For Warrant

HardOCP News

[H] News
Warrant schmorrant, send that 16 year old little crook to the gallows! :D

Reports out of Amsterdam this week suggest that Microsoft-owned Skype didn’t wait for a court order or warrant with a judge’s signature before it handed over the personal info of a 16-year-old Dutch boy. The youngster was suspected of being involved in Operation Payback, an Anonymous-endorsed initiative that targeted the servers of PayPal, Visa, Mastercard and others after those companies blocked WikiLeaks from receiving online payment backs in December 2010.

:confused: what the hell he gonna do now????? oh right open free email address on MSN and make new Skype account. :D

I say turn in the little bastard! Way too many juveniles creating way too my mischief. When I was a juvenile, the big thing I did way back was stealing candy bars. The crap that's going on now is way out of hand.

Remaining anonymous while using free services require a measure of higher intellect. Script kiddies gotta learn the hard way I guess.

I say turn in the little bastard! Way too many juveniles creating way too my mischief.

This is why we have judges and warrants; the average person is too quick to accuse someone of a crime or say they're innocent without seeing the evidence.

I have no problems with this. All a warrant does is require them to turn it over. Nowhere does it say they will only turn over information unless a warrant is presented. Generally most legal businesses will comply with law enforcement without the need of a warrant, as long as it does not present any kind of cost to them.

Pretty much any business with identity information of someone who committed a crime against them or their partners has the duty to turn the information over to law enforcement in order to press charges.

What should they have done? Told the law there was a crime committed against them and then wait to give them information on it?

How about you get robbed by someone who's identity you know, so you tell the police. Would you wait for a warrant before telling the police the name of the robber?

And that is why your generation is obese.
At least he was active and getting out of the house, not getting fat from sitting in front of the TV/PC all day every day and never leaving the house like the current generation.

U6kUyxiKqUYF.jpg

Yes, sucks for the kid, but he broke the law. Yes, he's 16, but he still committed a criminal offense. Unless Anon and company start doing things that are helpful instead of pissing off the entire world, it's really hard to root for the guys.

And this is where you decide to go with that? You can't possibly know what generation he is from. And do tell what generation you think that is by the way. Each generation worked with what it had, and we learn from our previous mistakes....sometimes. What I don't understand with current fashion trends is why a dude wants to wear skinny pants and look like a girl from the back end. That's queer if you ask me.

Anyhow, more on the subject line then, this kid was dumb for not using IRC or something else if he was going to do things of this level. I don't think it should matter if Skype had direct proof the kid did it, so long as it was turned over to proper authorities. This is almost as bad as the football player from Wa. State, Marquess Wilson, being a little b*tch and crying about Mike Leach b/c he didn't get his way. Suck it up and move on....life isn't always fair snowflake.

Back