Scientists Successfully Cloaked An Object Perfectly

HardOCP News

[H] News
Nothing to see here folks, move along. :D

Scientists around the world have been working on various projects involving the ability to make an object invisible in certain wavelengths. So far, all of these invisibility cloak tests have reflected some of the incident light back making the invisibility incomplete. A group of scientists have now cloaked an object perfectly the first time.

Completely invisible to microwaves... great, so those popcorn kernels can stay alive in their Auschwitz death camp without imploding.

I heard they cloaked money from a research grant? :D

Needs to be more practical and usable...I suppose a lame step is still a step.

"a cylinder that measured 7.5 cm in diameter and 1 cm tall."

soooo, they successfully cloaked.. a half dollar?

"a cylinder that measured 7.5 cm in diameter and 1 cm tall."

soooo, they successfully cloaked.. a half dollar?

That would've been the biggest half dollar I'll ever not see in the microwave range...

I kept waiting for the "We cloacked an atom!" statement like when they claim to have transported something.

If they don't want microwaves to see something isin't it easier to just turn the microwave so it faces the wall? :p

I guess this is pretty neat if they figure they can get it to work with optical wavelengths.

That would've been the biggest half dollar I'll ever not see in the microwave range...

i was meaning more of the ratio, but i get your point.. it's about double the size of a half dollar.

still, cloaking large, round, mostly flat things from radiowaves? i can TOTALLY see a practical use for that....

i was meaning more of the ratio, but i get your point.. it's about double the size of a half dollar.

still, cloaking large, round, mostly flat things from radiowaves? i can TOTALLY see a practical use for that....
I hope you're being facetious. You realize you basically just described an airplane, right?

ahh.. another one of these.. yeah.. the object in the middle might not be visible.. but the big ass structure all around it certainly is

Back