Apple Quietly Pulls Apology-Hiding Code From U.K. Site

HardOCP News

[H] News
I guess we'll never know if this was intentional or not but Apple has removed the resize code that was causing a stir.

Less than a week after Apple was rumbled by Reddit users of including code to hide a court-ordered apology to Samsung on its U.K. Web site, the code has now been removed. The code forced visitors to scroll down the page in order to see an apology that Apple was ordered to display on its U.K. Web site for one month, by resizing the central image of the new iPad mini and 'sticking' four separate product advertisements at the bottom of the browser window.

i want qapple to stop bullshitting around and man up and post this on its site

"Samsung / Apple UK judgment

On 9 July 2012 the High Court of Justice of England and Wales ruled that Samsung Electronic (UK) Limited’s Galaxy Tablet Computers, namely the Galaxy Tab 10.1, Tab 8.9 and Tab 7.7 do not infringe Apple’s Community registered design No. 0000181607-0001. A copy of the full judgment of
the High Court is available from www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Patents/2012/1882.html."

Obviously an accident, how could anyone question Apple's sincerity on this?!

actually if you hit refresh it does resize the banner off the page. I guess they just felt like half listening to the court.

actually if you hit refresh it does resize the banner off the page. I guess they just felt like half listening to the court.
The court never told them not to do that. How do you listen to what was not said?

Its was clearly intentionally done since the US site had a smaller ipad mini pic and did not have to scroll.

I can't believe how petty and childish apple is. I've been using an iPhone for four years, but I'm going android next time around. Apple has been playing catch up for years, and their latest products have been an absolute joke. They've ceased to be innovators, now they just spend their days suing everyone and sniffing their own farts. This stupid little stunt is just the last straw for me.

Too bad the court doesn't just impose heavy fines for not being in compliance with their order.

It's quite easily actually. You listen, understand the intent, and the comply with the spirit of the intent.
The suggestion being that they should employ subjective interpretation of unwritten words as opposed to simply following the words themselves, as they've been ordered by the court to do. The italicized word is important.

When you get a court order to do something, you do what's in that order. That is the full extent of your legal obligation. No more; no less.

The suggestion being that they should employ subjective interpretation of unwritten words as opposed to simply following the words themselves, as they've been ordered by the court to do. The italicized word is important.

When you get a court order to do something, you do what's in that order. That is the full extent of your legal obligation. No more; no less.

You two should start a litigation firm together. Following the letter of the law only can work, just don't make any mistakes or you'll be wide open to be on the wrong end of some Judicial Discretion, where one can find out how that letter of the law deal goes both ways with some serious differences between the minimum and maximum penalties. This is particularly true when it comes to court orders, judges are only human and it's wise not to annoy them in their own court room.

Hey, since when is scrolling down on the front page, not the front page. If the judge wanted a giant image like they show their products or whatever, he should have been specific about it. As of now, and before they removed the resize code, there was still a notice on the front page.

Might be a little dumb to make it resize to specifically hide it on the lower portion, but it's not really wrong either, as all I've read was "front page" not "front page at the top center"

The constitution would take up several volumes instead of a single parchment if that were the case.

Back