iOS 6.0.1 Already Jailbroken for Some Devices

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Every time a new system is released, it’s always a mad dash to see who can jailbreak it the quickest. This go-around was completed in less than 24 hours on iOS 6.0.1 by using iPhone Dev Team's Redsn0w, but it will only work successfully on devices running A4 chip or lower.

People who own the iPhone 5, the newest iPads, or the latest iPod Touch are out of luck. The jailbreak takes advantage of the Limera1n exploit, which can't handle the A5 or later chips.

but those of us who were jailbroken, were smart and never upgraded in the first place. And just because a new iOS comes out, does not mean we want to upgrade.

This is like the digital equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome.

Why do people continue to put up with Apple and their constant abuse?

I would like to know what is point of jailbreak for iPad or iPhone, since most applications are free?

I would like to know what is point of jailbreak for iPad or iPhone, since most applications are free?

iOS is a very locked down system. With jail breaking you can then install apps outside of the App Store, you can make a near infinite changes to the OS (interface, themes, etc), and just basically open up the operating system.

Think of jail breaking as making iOS an actual operating system then just a system to run allowed apps.

iOS is a very locked down system. With jail breaking you can then install apps outside of the App Store, you can make a near infinite changes to the OS (interface, themes, etc), and just basically open up the operating system.

Think of jail breaking as making iOS an actual operating system then just a system to run allowed apps.

Jailbreaking is the dumbest thing you can do actually. By opening your phone to unverified software sources you disable the only barrier of security that has kept iPhone the most secure phone platform so far. You do not want to mess with your phone. An infection such as seen on Android, allows the attackers to loot your bank account with complete freedom.

The phone can be instructed to place calls silently or bombard premium-rate SMS services at will. And when the phone bill of $10 000 comes it's too late to explain it was just the virus on my jailbroken iPhone that did it :)

Jailbreaking is the dumbest thing you can do actually. By opening your phone to unverified software sources you disable the only barrier of security that has kept iPhone the most secure phone platform so far. You do not want to mess with your phone. An infection such as seen on Android, allows the attackers to loot your bank account with complete freedom.

The phone can be instructed to place calls silently or bombard premium-rate SMS services at will. And when the phone bill of $10 000 comes it's too late to explain it was just the virus on my jailbroken iPhone that did it :)

Get out troll. There are no viruses on ios...yet.

you would like to stay in prison, only reason you stay in there is to make sure you stay away from all those killers and weapons.

and honestly i've no anti virus on PC or laptops, and used jail broken phones and touches and used internet on them constantly, i've yet to be able to fall a victim of identity theft or someone else accessing my own bank account (other than family members who actually has full permission from me)

Are you kidding lol? Who stops anyone from making a malicious script to a jailbroken iOS device? The only reason there 'are no' viruses for iOS is that they don't get through the Apple verification and code signing. The instant you start downloading code from third party sources all your protection is gone. Poof. iOS is wide open for any malware. It's only a matter of time when someone plants code in an app for a jailbroken device. Luckily jailbreaking is not common enough to raise interest, yet.

Cbshahji: So with your logic (if you're American) you should move out of the protective borders of USA and expose yourself to the hospitability of Afganistan/Iraq just so you can say nobody protects you.

Apple provides me with all the services I need and so far it has provided the most important service any smartphone vendor can ever provide - an attack free content delivery system. I would never EVER use an Android device with anything else except a prepaid service. Play store gets 30% of new apps removed daily for malware - and some of them are distributed several weeks before discovery. Recently a premium-rate SMS rootkit was in the wild and was installed by hundreds of thousands of users.

Are you kidding lol? Who stops anyone from making a malicious script to a jailbroken iOS device? The only reason there 'are no' viruses for iOS is that they don't get through the Apple verification and code signing. The instant you start downloading code from third party sources all your protection is gone. Poof. iOS is wide open for any malware. It's only a matter of time when someone plants code in an app for a jailbroken device. Luckily jailbreaking is not common enough to raise interest, yet.

Cbshahji: So with your logic (if you're American) you should move out of the protective borders of USA and expose yourself to the hospitability of Afganistan/Iraq just so you can say nobody protects you.

Apple provides me with all the services I need and so far it has provided the most important service any smartphone vendor can ever provide - an attack free content delivery system. I would never EVER use an Android device with anything else except a prepaid service. Play store gets 30% of new apps removed daily for malware - and some of them are distributed several weeks before discovery. Recently a premium-rate SMS rootkit was in the wild and was installed by hundreds of thousands of users.

Seriously? I feel you would download an obvious virus. You sound like a paranoid maniac. I've been rooted for over a year now, check my bank and order stuff a lot. Just don't download shady apps that are useless. Never got a virus.

I see the Apple Reality Distortion Field (TM) is in effect.

There most certainly is malware for iOS. Neither Android or iOS have viruses; viruses are programs that infect other executables with their own code.

Oh I see, so you think your phone didn't get infected yet. You wouldn't know if it happened unless you hit one that starts calling payphones. :)

Did you at least change the default SSH password after jailbreaking or are you broadcasting that to all the world also? :D

Seriously? I feel you would download an obvious virus. You sound like a paranoid maniac. I've been rooted for over a year now, check my bank and order stuff a lot. Just don't download shady apps that are useless. Never got a virus.

Hmm, an obvious virus like the 600 000 mac users who downloaded an innocent looking flash update that contained a flashback payload?

What do you think malware makers are doing? Ask you to install Malware-Viruzz.dmg? LOL!

Anything outside the official content delivery platform is seriously fishy. You're choosing a sesspool instead of bottled water. With luck you won't get parasites or bacteria but more likely you'll end up in a world of hurt.

Ahhhh yes the 5 day noobie troll seen here in the wild.

It's funny because a Jailbroken iPhone is more secure than an un-jailbroken one. Remember when there was that pdf flaw in iOS? The iPhone would automatically open any pdf file and there was a script that would get control of your iPhone over to the writer. Within 2 days of the exploit becoming public Cydia had a fix in place that would simply ask before opening pdf files instead of letting web sites load them up on your phone and activating the exploit. It took Apple over 2 months to fix the exploit.

Oh I see. So you think somehow that a single update somehow justifies loading totally unverified apps to your phone outside the official delivery platform?

What are you going to say next, that downloading warez is the smartest way to keep your computer up to date? :D

Wake up man. Don't you realize that the only thing that is keeping your iOS safe is the code signing? The first malware that you load to your phone will pwn it mercilessly and there's nothing you can do about it. What exactly do you think you can achieve with jailbreaking? You get to download a fishy app or two with boobs on them perhaps. Just like downloading free screensavers for windows :)

Back