Microsoft Surface Sold Out Online

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft Surface is out of stock online. I guess they'd better hurry up and launch the Surface Pro, that's the one we are all waiting for anyway. ;)

The $499 Surface model appears to be a popular item on the Microsoft store's Web site. As of this afternoon, Pacific Time, that model (without the Touch Cover) is listed as "out of stock." Previously, it had been listed as "back-ordered", along with the $599 and $699 models.

I'm betting the $599 and $699 models weren't selling so they conveniently "ran out" of the $499 one to get you to buy some more Touch Covers - I bet those keyboards is where the real margins are :D

Don't understand the fanboyism and hate at all. Competition is a good thing.

damn. so many people fooled by the pretty tiles ??

Guilty as charged. Got it on my phone (WP7), desktop (W8) and kids PC's. Waiting on Surface Pro to go tablet.

Wasn't quite sure at first with my phone. But, I'm glad I did. It's awesome. Same with PC... Wasn't too happy with it. After a while, it's very easy and a piece of cake to use.

I'm betting the $599 and $699 models weren't selling so they conveniently "ran out" of the $499 one to get you to buy some more Touch Covers - I bet those keyboards is where the real margins are :D
It's surprising to me that so few have taken issue with the pricing on the Touch and Type Covers. The Type Cover might be thinner than most keyboards (though not the thinnest), and it might have a decent (albeit tiny) trackpad on it, but $130?

Jesus shit on a stick, man.

Or if you want to have a colored keyboard, it's more economical to by the base version.

It's surprising to me that so few have taken issue with the pricing on the Touch and Type Covers. The Type Cover might be thinner than most keyboards (though not the thinnest), and it might have a decent (albeit tiny) trackpad on it, but $130?

Jesus shit on a stick, man.

Why would people complain? If you're willing to buy an unproven product for $499, what's another $100 to actually make the value proposition useful? It's like buying an PS2 without any games back in 2001. All you have is a fancy DVD player at that point.

Looks like the Surface just got the Oprah Seal of Approval http://mashable.com/2012/11/01/oprah-endorses-surface/ ... now the other tablets are done for surely ... and I am only being partially factious, this is actually a pretty big deal ... she does still command a respectable following ... she is definitely a key social hub to capture and MS just got to that crossroads first ;)

Looks like the Surface just got the Oprah Seal of Approval http://mashable.com/2012/11/01/oprah-endorses-surface/ ... now the other tablets are done for surely ... and I am only being partially factious, this is actually a pretty big deal ... she does still command a respectable following ... she is definitely a key social hub to capture and MS just got to that crossroads first ;)

Yeah, this just helped Surface and probably Windows 8 sales going into the holiday season.

It is pretty strong if it can have a fat guy skateboarding on it. :D

But is it strong enough to handle some fat cats? ;)

0.jpg

Yeah, this just helped Surface and probably Windows 8 sales going into the holiday season.

Careful there, you don't want to joygasm all over your tablets just yet... :D
lol, ever since Win 8 and MS equipment has been selling well, you've been all like "SQUEEEEEEE", Japanese school girl style. :p

Well, I don't care how good or bad Win 8 is, as long as it kills off Vista for good.
No, I don't have any personal grudges against Vista, none at all. :eek:

But is it strong enough to handle some fat cats? ;)

0.jpg

iPads are better for cats since they have a more cat-friendly interface. Windows 8 works better for Oprahs and a certain unnamed person who frequently talks about the benefits of the new OS and touch interfaces on a certain unnamed [H]ard|Forum.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster obviously favors the iPad as well. With all those appendages it's bound to get pinched by a hybrid or Surface kickstand. Maybe even lose the pen in his Holy Entanglement when using OneNote.

(my iPhone actually auto-capitalized FSM, hilarious)

Careful there, you don't want to joygasm all over your tablets just yet... :D
lol, ever since Win 8 and MS equipment has been selling well, you've been all like "SQUEEEEEEE", Japanese school girl style. :p

I know heaty has said that he makes his money with Microsoft products but I'm also thinking that if he doesn't work at Microsoft then he owns some of their stock. This would explain his pimping the hell out of their stuff, to increase the value of his holdings.

Gotta plan for that retirement!

If his Win 8 postings were instead pron clips, heaty would be showing us how flexible 'she' is by banging her in every conceivable position. ;)

The Flying Spaghetti Monster obviously favors the iPad as well. With all those appendages it's bound to get pinched by a hybrid or Surface kickstand. Maybe even lose the pen in his Holy Entanglement when using OneNote.

(my iPhone actually auto-capitalized FSM, hilarious)

I knew this thread was missing something. His Noodleyness was just what we needed!

iOS also has cat-specific apps. No. Not joking.

http://www.ipadgameforcats.com/

I've seen videos, but this is the best thing ever! I really should go get an iPad so my cat will have stuff to do.

I know heaty has said that he makes his money with Microsoft products but I'm also thinking that if he doesn't work at Microsoft then he owns some of their stock. This would explain his pimping the hell out of their stuff, to increase the value of his holdings.

If his Win 8 postings were instead pron clips, heaty would be showing us how flexible 'she' is by banging her in every conceivable position. ;)

Ew! Did not need mental image of freaky obsessed visual basic programmer doing icky stuff with tablet PC!

iPads are better for cats since they have a more cat-friendly interface. Windows 8 works better for Oprahs and a certain unnamed person who frequently talks about the benefits of the new OS and touch interfaces on a certain unnamed [H]ard|Forum.

Careful with those comments, you don't want to get a lot of 'heat' from this forum member, do you? :D

Well, I mean, you have regular users, then fans, then fanbois, then fanatics, then cultists, and then you have heatlesssun. :eek:

No, seriously, even the most extreme Apple fanatics in existence don't have as much devotion to Steve Jobs as heatlesssun does towards Microsoft.

Have at it, it's just mindless bullshit that I'm not going to bother with.;)

I will have at it, thank you very much.
You have no idea just how much entertainment your posts bring to me and everyone else on this forum!

Speaking of mindless bullshit, Windows 8! :p

I will have at it, thank you very much.
You have no idea just how much entertainment your posts bring to me and everyone else on this forum!

Speaking of mindless bullshit, Windows 8! :p

Well some people actually you know, talk about Windows 8, which for some reason is something you never do in Windows 8 threads.

Well some people actually you know, talk about Windows 8, which for some reason is something you never do in Windows 8 threads.

You know what, you're right.
However, my posts do successfully piss you off and/or annoy the hell out of you, 100% of the time.

My work is done here.

From the article:
And note that Microsoft gave away thousands of the 32GB Surface models with the Touch Cover at the Build conference this week to developers. It's not clear if that has had any impact on inventory.
Ok, I may give MS tons of shit, but that is pretty cool.
It's also a pretty slick way to get a physical word on the street about one's product.

Kindness factor or slick marketing scheme?
I'll let you decide.

And by 'you', I mean heatlesssun. ;)

Well, I am Red Falcon.
It's my job to be the end-boss of many video game classics, as well as many of the threads here on [H]ard. ;)

Microsoft copying apple.
History
Microsoft: "Apple people arn't that dumb they won't buy your over priced shitty iPad"
Apple: "Dude yes they will."
Microsfoft: "haha yeah okay good lucky buddy."
...A few months later
Apple: "Told you"
Microsoft:"Holy fuck people are dumb as shit."

Back