Microsoft Unveils Windows Phone 8

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft Corp. today debuted Windows Phone 8, the latest version of the company’s smartphone operating system. Windows Phone 8 offers a truly personal phone experience, connecting you to the people and things that matter most. As part of the announcement, Microsoft revealed new features, including Kid’s Corner and Rooms, along with details and pricing for a range of beautiful new smartphones from Nokia, Samsung and HTC, each with their own differentiated designs, colors and features. Windows Phone 8 devices will go on sale in November at AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon in the U.S., as well as at carriers and retailers around the world.

Can't wait to get out of contract, my experience with Android has been mostly mediocre even on a flagship device. I'm looking forward to switching over to WP8 in the future.

I switch from Nokia Symbian phone to Lumia 900 about 4 months ago. I love Lumia and windows 7.5. Cannot wait for 920.

Love my w7 phone, and its the second I have had. Hate my gf's nexus which I bought for her a few months back.

Will be getting w8 phone.

I love my Lumia 900 but I think I'll miss this first round of Windows Phone 8 devices. I highly doubt they'll do anything for us to make an upgrade attractive from a pricing standpoint. I'm not paying full price for a phone that's still not a fully established player.

i want one!

Not me!

wpid-android-robot.jpg

Currently on a Nokia Lumia 900. I'm looking at a Lumia 820 or an HTX 8x for when my contract runs out. Both look like sweet handsets.

Back