Apple Reshuffling Top Brass

HardOCP News

[H] News
Apple has announced executive management changes today to "encourage even more collaboration between the company’s hardware, software and services teams." Who knew they were having problems collaborating?

The company today announced that it's rejiggering its executive lineup to add extra responsibilities for some, along with the planned exit of iOS software chief Scott Forstall in 2013. A more immediate departure is John Browett, the head of Apple's retail unit, a move that appears to be sudden given that the company says it's currently seeking a replacement. Meanwhile, Jony Ive, Bob Mansfield, Eddy Cue and Craig Federighi will stay on with expanded roles.

Nothing to see here, move along.....

Stock price has dropped over $100 from it's peak, Sr. managers are leaving, profit margins dropping....

Is this the begining of a new down cycle for Apple?

Nothing to see here, move along.....

Stock price has dropped over $100 from it's peak, Sr. managers are leaving, profit margins dropping....

Is this the begining of a new down cycle for Apple?

They can coast a good while on all the i(Stuff) but I would be interested to see what next innovative product they come up with now that Steve has past.

They can coast a good while on all the i(Stuff) but I would be interested to see what next innovative product they come up with now that Steve has past.

probably another ipad mini with all the features there were missing

As long as you can propagate the perception that you're the highest bar while playing catch up on features.

Btw, my boss was lecturing me on apple's stuff being the "highest bar" the other day.

Apple can exclude all the browsers it wants and be criticized for not collaborating more between departments. ..and yet poor microsoft was told to specifically stop collaborating between dept's. yahhh even while MS' share of computing space has dropped to 30% world wide. go apple! lol

Scott Forstall is a major loss. John Browett is not. He was basically trying to turn the stores into a smaller Best Buy, and he shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Scott Forstall is a major loss. John Browett is not. He was basically trying to turn the stores into a smaller Best Buy, and he shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Talent wise he is big ... but it sounded as if he was the last of the Steve Jobs management disciples ... SJ may have been a great marketer (akin to PT Barnum) and an amazing presenter ... but his management style was brutal (and apparently not shared by Cook) ... I think they have enough talent left to do the job and now they can align to Cook's management style (that could be good or bad ... we'll just have to see ;) )

Scott Forstall is an idiot.

Those morons have exactly one set of hardware that they have absolute control over, and they still can't get that shit to end a phone call without starting music or a podcast.

F---ing amateur hour over there.

Scott Forstall is an idiot.

Those morons have exactly one set of hardware that they have absolute control over, and they still can't get that shit to end a phone call without starting music or a podcast.

F---ing amateur hour over there.

Try a restore. :p

Back