AMD Powers Superior Windows 8 Experience

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD today announced its collaboration with Microsoft Corp. for more than 125 Windows® 8-based PC designs from leading OEMs including ASUS, Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Lenovo, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba and more. With a hardware accelerated user interface, Microsoft and AMD have collaborated to design Windows 8 to unlock the high performance graphics capabilities found in AMD accelerated processing units (APUs) and discrete AMD Radeon™ graphics processing units (GPUs) to deliver the best HD video, gaming and app experience consumers want with the always on, always connected, touch-driven interface with great battery life they need.

Oh crap, I see it's just GFX they are talking about. Hmm guess they know how shit their CPUs are.

Oh crap, I see it's just GFX they are talking about. Hmm guess they know how shit their CPUs are.

Seeing how everything in Windows 8 is hardware accelerated, AMD has Windows 8 going for them with their superior APU than Intel's offering - not that Intel's HD3000/4000 can't handle Windows 8 anyways.

Seeing how everything in Windows 8 is hardware accelerated, AMD has Windows 8 going for them with their superior APU than Intel's offering - not that Intel's HD3000/4000 can't handle Windows 8 anyways.

Agreed - the APUs are not bad for small budget and work quite well. Intel on the other hand are lagging in this arena. I don't think any of us will notice any difference in most [H] configurations since we use dedicated GPUs.

Superior to what? ARM based systems? :D
lol

No, Mr. Smart Guy. Compared to Centaur, still rocking a 45nm design in a 22nm/32nm x86 world.
----

And it's kind of funny that the only people who take AMD's marketing drivel seriously is dopes like Sharikou.

Back