Monster Power Tweak Coming to Diablo 3

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
In an effort to jumpstart the disappointing performance of Diablo 3, Blizzard has announced the introduction Monster Power system in a soon-to-be-released patch. Monster Power will let the player adjust the difficulty settings, hopefully creating a much more challenging gaming environment according to your skill level.

The option to adjust Monster Power will be available to all players starting at level 1 through the Quest Selection window, and can be adjusted separately for Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno difficulties.

I might go back and see if this makes a difference for me. I mostly played hardcore mode, but having to go back and play actone-normal every time my character died was getting really boring. Could be fun to make a level one character and set difficulty to ten.

Can't do it in public games though. So it may kill public games all together.

Won't make a difference. For the majority of people that they're trying to get back, Inferno was hard enough. They aren't looking to get wiped my mobs, they're looking for more of a unique/random experience.

And for the "pros", the economy is already dead. Extra rewards don't matter if there isn't money to be made anymore. In fact (oddly) 1.0.4 killed it for me. That's when I stopped making money.

So I can play Inferno with Monster Level 1 and get great loot/achievements? Hmmm

Won't change a thing. Monster power wasn't the problem as much as dumbed down interface and controls, and a boring game.

it's amazing that they are somehow unable to fix the game; corporate brain block. Perhaps their resumes and meeting minutes will be able to save the day.

I guess for whatever reason (there's an expansion for that:confused:) they need to keep the levels static. In the meantime though, their patrons have built up memories and feelings about the game that won't be easy to wash down with an expansion, or whatever grandiose corporate machinations are in the works...:rolleyes:

Having an AH killed it for me. D2 half the fun was going to trade chat rooms and bartering. This game is completely lifeless.

So I can play Inferno with Monster Level 1 and get great loot/achievements? Hmmm

This is what I was thinking as well. Maybe they will make it so the lowest level is what it was by default, and just let you go up from there.

If the loot quality isn't affected by monster level, then what is the point?

Still play D3 somewhat regularly. It's fun enough, but get's boring easily. Everyone is in A3/4, and stay there. Monster Power will be nice, it'll let people go back to A1/2. Also, the dps people can bring now makes shit really boring. Everything just, dies, fast. Agree with guys in thread that AH takes the life out of D3. Bartering and trade rooms were half the fun. "How do I convince this guy to trade with me?"

The magic at Blizzard died with North :p

I never played any of the Diablo games, so I take it same to assume it sucked balls, right.

How do you guys stack it up to that other game(can't remember the name) that Steve/Kyle even posted they want their money back?

Uninstalled that game a month or 2 ago.. Havn't looked back. I was a huge D1 and D2 player. They just killed it with the crapy drops and the AH. Don't think there is anything they can do to make me install this again. Glad I got it free on my wow anual pass.. Had even bought the collector's edition. Ended up selling it.

I might go back and see if this makes a difference for me. I mostly played hardcore mode, but having to go back and play actone-normal every time my character died was getting really boring. Could be fun to make a level one character and set difficulty to ten.

that's not how it works.

Monster power? Are you kidding me? This is your grand idea to save this pos cash grab? Monster power? You know, I really shouldn't be surprised, this is the most brain dead, tone deaf group of idiots I've ever seen publish a game. Blizzard is dead to me.

3d18ad7e_Diablo3.jpeg

Diablo 3 was the worst let down of any game I can remember in the past decade for me. No pvp, I played 40hrs and had massive magic find gear and never found a legendary, that messed up. The debacle at launch was bad enough, but after waiting to get on and play only to find a game that is terrible. That was the last straw, I used to have a lot of faith in blizzard but everything they came out with the past few years came from great to decent to garbage. D3 is the last game I buy from them ever.

I dont know why some people focus on pvp so much, pvp in diablo1/2 was pretty horrid, why would d3 be any better with pvp? Its already worse than D1/D2 so how would pvp in a worse game make it better?

Anyways, D3 was fun for a bit but, damn, I think its obvious it has some issues. I havnt played it for about a month now.

From the D3 thread in the gaming section:

5WGM5A83VNTV1349891151325.jpg

UJQXWFK3N8511349891152079.jpg

IIRC, a Blizzard rep posted that the current 1.0.4 monsters would be around MP3 or MP4. Patch 1.0.5 will bring with it a 25% reduction in incoming damage across the board (among many other things), so there's lots to factor in.

I didn't plauy D1 and D2. Bought D3 because of my wife and my friends, which told me it had to be awesome because the past Diablo titles were.

Lol. After getting carried by the lore, I killed Diablo in normal mode and.... that's it? The game mechanics are not interesting at all. After going through all the lore the game was dead for me. The same thing happened to my friends.

Last weekend I decided to get Torchlight 2 to play with my wife. Now THAT IS FUN. Can't get enough of it! Lots of choices, dynamic game play... just awesome.

This -----> www.pathofexile.com

If you were a D2 fan. You have to check this game out. It's made by a bunch of D2 fans. It's going into open beta soon. There will be no character wipes once open beta starts.

Path of Exile is the best D2 clone ever. It's better than a clone. It has a few additional systems that really kick ass. Lots of PvP options. The devs are very cool and talk to the community on a daily basis.

I could say a lot more but, I'm lazy. Check it out you grouchy bastards!:p

Difficulty was hardly the issue. A boring game, with boring loot, and boring character builds was. Id grind inferno all day if the game was actually fun or rewarding. Only 1 stat matters, dps, and there were only a few boring and concrete ways to raise it. Gimme auras and curses and curse procs pls.

I dont know why some people focus on pvp so much, pvp in diablo1/2 was pretty horrid, why would d3 be any better with pvp? Its already worse than D1/D2 so how would pvp in a worse game make it better?

Anyways, D3 was fun for a bit but, damn, I think its obvious it has some issues. I havnt played it for about a month now.

competing to beat people is more entertaining than competing to beat monsters

put another way

farming/buying gear to beat people is more entertaining than farming/buying to beat monsters into submission

competing to beat people is more entertaining than competing to beat monsters

put another way

farming/buying gear to beat people is more entertaining than farming/buying to beat monsters into submission

Then the Diablo franchise was never what you were looking for.

This -----> www.pathofexile.com

If you were a D2 fan. You have to check this game out. It's made by a bunch of D2 fans. It's going into open beta soon. There will be no character wipes once open beta starts.

Path of Exile is the best D2 clone ever. It's better than a clone. It has a few additional systems that really kick ass. Lots of PvP options. The devs are very cool and talk to the community on a daily basis.

I could say a lot more but, I'm lazy. Check it out you grouchy bastards!:p

Highly recommend Path of Exile. I am too lazy to stop playing and explain though...

The lack of loot for a single person was my turn off. I got one peice of loot actualy worth using in Inferno after something like 200+ hours. I get the whole "well since people can RMAH stuff we can't have good stuff drop too often" argument but that whole premise is what makes the game suck for me. RMAH is required to gear up because you can't find anything yourself.

From the D3 thread in the gaming section:

5WGM5A83VNTV1349891151325.jpg

UJQXWFK3N8511349891152079.jpg

IIRC, a Blizzard rep posted that the current 1.0.4 monsters would be around MP3 or MP4. Patch 1.0.5 will bring with it a 25% reduction in incoming damage across the board (among many other things), so there's lots to factor in.

JFC almost 3500% increase in HP at max with over 300% increase in dmg. LOL.

I'm surprised PvP is still no where to be seen after 6 months. They should focus on that instead of silly modes like this.

Actually I see it as a stalling tactic for them. Perhaps they think gamers are playing it and completing it too fast so they offer difficulty levels where you can be sure gamers (that play too fast anyways) will likely jack it up to Inferno or Nightmare, causing them to play much slower while Blizzard developers are working on PvP expansion packs or patches in the meantime.

Back