Mozilla Rereleases Firefox 16 After Fixing Critical Flaw

HardOCP News

[H] News
After pulling Firefox 16 one day after it was released, Mozilla has fixed the critical flaw and rereleased the browser update.

An update to Firefox for Windows, Mac and Linux was released at 12pm PT on Oct 11. Users will be automatically updated and new downloads via http://www.mozilla.org/firefox/new/ will receive the updated version (16.0.1). A fix for the Android version of Firefox was released at 9pm PT on Oct 10.

My version 16.0 will not update to 16.0.1 If this is on purpose, that's going to suck for people who don't frequently check their version numbers and trust the maintenance service to install updates.

My version 16.0 will not update to 16.0.1 If this is on purpose, that's going to suck for people who don't frequently check their version numbers and trust the maintenance service to install updates.
I'd like to clarify, the auto update will not, I had to manually download and install it.

Just installed windows 8 last night and thought it said 16 because of that. They pop these versions out like it's nothing. Didn't 15 just come out?

Just installed windows 8 last night and thought it said 16 because of that. They pop these versions out like it's nothing. Didn't 15 just come out?

Every 6 weeks. Obviously their QA team didn't have enough time to properly test this release...

So when you install it, it uninstalls the old version of firefox then opens a readme file of where to get another browser? :confused::D

Never knew there was 16 already until I read this. lol

Then you'll be really shocked to know that there is a FF 19! :eek:

Every time a release it out the next versions move up the assembly line. 17 is now in beta, 18 is in alpha, and there are nightly builds of 19. 20 is probably in development...

I followed the link and all I got for My trouble was a file not found error, several times... Probably 32bit only, as usual...

Chrome will fix the problems with Firefox!

So sad...used FF for years...now its just like Internet Explorer, just worse.

Back