Google's Biggest Street View Update Ever

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to Google's Lat-Long blog, the company has updated over 250,000 miles of road across more than 17 different countries.

Today we’re making our Street View coverage more comprehensive than ever before by launching our biggest ever update--doubling our number of special collections and updating over 250,000 miles of roads around the world. We’re increasing Street View coverage in Macau, Singapore, Sweden, the U.S., Thailand, Taiwan, Italy, Great Britain, Denmark, Norway and Canada. And we’re launching special collections in South Africa, Japan, Spain, France, Brazil and Mexico, among others.

I sometimes find myself "driving" around some random place... it's pretty fun, but I'd love for it all to be a bit smoother. Bing does it a little better it seems, even though it's kinda strange looking and with less coverage.

I wonder how long they take to update. Wife and I were driving the other day and we went right by one. It's kind of like seeing Bigfoot. You hear about them, but you never see them! o_O

I hope they update the road in front of my house!

Goes from this:

2-2.jpg

To this:

1-1.jpg

In one frame...

I wonder how many years before it becomes a virtual world map you can drive thru GTA style.

Well, that's great that they have updated maps in Krapblakistan and everything, but my house is three years old and still doesn't show up.

Inside Google, this is probably known as the "Let's further bury Apple" update

accidentp.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Almost had accident there, the woman driving that car didn't stopped at stop sigh coming out of corner. i wonder if i could have gotten some serious cash from accident.

They've updated the area around my house here in Sweden. Before, you could only see the main road. Now you can "drive" almost upt to the house itself. Looks like the actual photos were taken earlier in the summer.

" Google's Biggest Street View Update Ever"

Woo.

I still think they need to ask permission to go down private roads, which they typically do not do.

Back