Halo 4 Dev Talks About the Next Decade of Franchise

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
If you think the creative minds over at 343 Industries just sit on their hands in between Halo releases, you would be sadly mistaken. With the impending release of Halo 4, the creative juices are flowing again, mapping out the next ten years of the franchise’s direction.

Transmedia has always been really core to what we’ve done. When we started designing the game, we also started seeding other fiction in novels, graphic novels, in anime, so that people who do like to explore all of it get an extra layer of story and information.

Unfortunately,all their "creativity" is aimed at finding ways to promote and cash in on the franchise,and very little devoted to the games themselves. And thanks to them selling out to Microsoft,this probably will never change,we will never see what this franchise could have become if developed for the PC.

Probably working out how to repeat corridors and how to refine autoaim.

I'm not sure why they bother with a story with such generic boring character design...

And thanks to them selling out to Microsoft,this probably will never change,we will never see what this franchise could have become if developed for the PC.

Considering it was being developed for the Mac initially, it's a good thing Apple didn't buy them. Any FPS on any platform would be open game for lawsuits...

This has me excited, I really like the Halo and look forward to this. Hopefully 343 can do a good job or even better job then bungie.

great, another 10 years worth of halo games i wont ever play

Back