Angry Birds Star Wars Confirmed, Toy Line Debuts October 8

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
What in the world…er …universe is going on here? Angry Birds and Star Wars franchises are pooling their talents? Rovio and Lucasfilm are partnering to create a new toy line and an Angry Birds Star Wars video game. The official announcement will come tomorrow in New York at Times Square.

All we know, for now, is that the red bird will be Luke Skywalker. That said, it's a safe bet those rascally green piggies will dress up as Stormtroopers and Darth Vader.

At least Luke Skywalker has risen to the top of his rank in the Jedi, he's now a Cardinal. :D

*star wars imperial march theme* ARRRRRRRRRRRRG *crash*

What an interesting combo this will be lol

I wonder if they're going to change the name of the game since anger leads to fear, etc.

I always knew that Angry Birds was Finland's secret attempt at world domination ... who knew that Lucas would be the first to fall to their mind control :D

Do we get to throw the birds at Lucas as a boss, and have him explode in a cloud of money?

Come to think of it, I'd like to throw headcrabs at Gabe Newell and have it produce the same effect. :D

George Lucas has been trying to destroy Star Wars since Return of the Jedi. Its taken him almost 4 decades but I think he's just finished that last nail in the coffin.

George Lucas has been trying to destroy Star Wars since Return of the Jedi. Its taken him almost 4 decades but I think he's just finished that last nail in the coffin.

Really? Star Wars has been tapped out entirely for a lot of us for years. Welcome to the party.

Hey! I loved Return of the Jedi! It was no Empire, but still thoroughly enjoyable.

Rovio is the smartest software company I've seen in decades.

It develops products that people really want, they are fun to play, and they are non tiring.

Angry Birds is excellent. Amazing Alex is very cool. Bad piggies is friggin brilliant.

The have mastered the non obnoxious use of micro payments as well.

I have no doubt that whatever comes of this will be compelling. As long as Lucas Styx the frack out of it.

Jesus.. Just fucking take a gun to the entire franchise of SW and blow its fucking brains out. Thanks for ruining 2 of my favorite films forever Lucasarts.

A match made in heaven... Both companies are a one-trick pony, and settle for milking the almighty cash-cow.

I finished angry birds rio i think and none of the others. This game got old real fast but for star wars...yeah i'll play it

"So how is this Angry Birds going to be different??"

"They'll wear different hats!"

Meh, forget all the hate in this thread. My 5 yr old had a booyaka moment! SW + AB???? OMG :D

I like Angry Birds, but not sure if I'll like this game. Might be cool and fun for a day or two, then it's the same old thing just different levels. Fun, but nothing special anymore. Star Wars, though.... It's long been over raped. It's turned into that cracked out hooker that just wants more money for more crack and just isn't bringing anything new other than a new saggy bra...

Back