Tech News No One Cares About

HardOCP News

[H] News
Today's installment of TNNOCA falls on the one year anniversary of Steve Jobs' death. Why is this posted here? Because not a day has went by that we haven't been reminded he's dead. Sony stopped Xperia tablet sales and no one noticed. The eight things Apple needs to fix on the iPhone 5 only counts as "one" more thing no one cares about. Normally we would care about victims of "Swatting," but since it was celebrities that were targeted...no one cares. The CIA and Jeff Bezos are betting on quantum computing? Okay, some of you might care about that...but we don't.

Personally I'm sick of the demigod status Apple acolytes have given Steve Jobs.
If you ask the people that had to work for him they report he was a horrible person that was often cruel. This is why he was booted from the company he and The Woz started.
To his credit he was a savvy business man that knew that market penetration for a product had much to do with aesthetics. People like sleek and sexy, not thick and heavy.
But this cult of personality I just don't get. :rolleyes:

I have always wondered why if it is news no one cares about then why would someone care to post it? Shouldn't it be called news only a few care about or news people pretend to not care about but really do?

If you ask the people that had to work for him they report he was a horrible person that was often cruel. This is why he was booted from the company he and The Woz started.
To his credit he was a savvy business man that knew that market penetration for a product had much to do with aesthetics. People like sleek and sexy, not thick and heavy.

The US and many parts of the world worship celebrity ... the Cult of Jobs actually makes a little more sense to me than the Cult of Jersey Shore :eek: :D

[21CW]killerofall;1039203995 said:
I have always wondered why if it is news no one cares about then why would someone care to post it? Shouldn't it be called news only a few care about or news people pretend to not care about but really do?

Can I come live in your dream world where people only do things they care about and you never have to do anything you don't care about? ;)

I learnt something watching that movie "30 days later" the Apple's last the longest, but eventually go bad.

I think we live in a society where, unless you're Hitler-bad, nobody will say bad things about you after your death.

At least, that's my perception.

[21CW]killerofall;1039203995 said:
I have always wondered why if it is news no one cares about then why would someone care to post it?

So we can all point and laugh.

Just because the media falls all over themselves posting this crap does't mean we can't all have a good laugh at it. :)

There are more customers than Apple employees. The majority wasn't affected by Job's cruelty, so nobody cared about the treatment of Apple employees.

This country is filled with people who worships questionable people. Michael Vicks, OJ Simpson, Donald Trump, Paris Hilton, the Kardashians, G.W. Bush and Cheney (don't get your political panties in a bunch - it's an example), Julian Assange, and so on.

This country is filled with people who worships questionable people. Michael Vicks, OJ Simpson, Donald Trump, Paris Hilton, the Kardashians, G.W. Bush and Cheney (don't get your political panties in a bunch - it's an example), Julian Assange, and so on.

You left out the biggest demigod of them all............OBAMA.

The US and many parts of the world worship celebrity ... the Cult of Jobs actually makes a little more sense to me than the Cult of Jersey Shore :eek: :D

Of course it makes more sense. Jobs was an intelligent individual, whereas the other, well, I don't think anything needs to be said. :)

Back