Bethesda Softworks Opens Battlecry Studios in Austin

HardOCP News

[H] News
Bethesda has opened a new studio in Austin, Texas and they are hiring. If you are looking for work or want to break into the biz, this might be your opportunity.

Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, is pleased to announce it has established a new studio in Austin, Texas, Battlecry Studios, to be headed by long-time industry veteran Rich Vogel. Most recently, Vogel worked at Bioware where he served as the executive producer on the development of Star Wars: The Old Republic. Rich has a long history in the industry having worked on Ultima Online, and Star Wars Galaxies as well as other online and console titles during his 20+ years in game development. The new studio is currently hiring other experienced game developers to fill key roles for an unannounced project.

Perhaps this is for a Fallout MMO or ongoing support for the Elder Scrolls MMO ... or given that they are building it in Texas, maybe it is to work with ID software on projects :)

How proud are they of a guy who was a producer of two botched Star Wars MMOs? It's like being given a press to print money, and somehow producing expired coupons instead.

Perhaps this is for a Fallout MMO or ongoing support for the Elder Scrolls MMO ... or given that they are building it in Texas, maybe it is to work with ID software on projects :)

Not sure if they can do a Fallout MMO, as there's already one being made... Though i'm not sure if it is or isn't. I can't remember what the lawyers decided last. :D

Isn't that Star Wars game like a complete failure or something? How do these people keep getting to lead new projects? Okay, I admit that I understand that Star Wars just isn't as popular as it used to be since it's primary audience is getting up there in age and that some of the lack of societal interest in the genre is because new generations are moving forward, but still, is it smart to give him another chance? :(

How proud are they of a guy who was a producer of two botched Star Wars MMOs? It's like being given a press to print money, and somehow producing expired coupons instead.

With those two failures under his belt I'd never have hired him.

Back