The Geekiest License Plates of All Time

Well my wife has a blue 2010 Scion xB and after she got it everyone kept saying how its so much bigger on the inside. As she is a huge Dr. Who fan and the xB is just a box on wheels, I had to get her a "X TARDIS" license plate.

There's a douche programmer that lives around here and has "GOOGLE" has his license plate. Small town SD, no Google presence, just being a douche.

I wish I had a geeky license plate. All I got was to convince my wife to have our wedding day on 5 ^1/ 5^2/ 5 * 2.

I'm big on mathematical relationships with numbers, so this is an easy way for me to remember our Anniversary.

5/25/10 ?

you should have did 5/25/15 because it would have been 1 2 and 3

More nerdy than geeky I know, but I'm a teacher, I couldn't resist.

8051703159_4a05a3eb68.jpg

For the Hitchhiker's Guide fans, my dad scored ZARQUON for his truck...we were both surprised he got away with it too (If you don't know the reference, look it up, it's worth it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet another idiot reporter who doesn't think to look beyond north America. L1NUX and TCP1P are both valid UK license plates, for example, and I've seen the former.

Living near msftland there are countless plates around here, saw an early 90s Ferrari Testarossa with the plate Forza on it, many variations of Bing and such.... I think there was a luvwp8 (love win phone 8) not that long ago I saw

Well my wife has a blue 2010 Scion xB and after she got it everyone kept saying how its so much bigger on the inside. As she is a huge Dr. Who fan and the xB is just a box on wheels, I had to get her a "X TARDIS" license plate.

That's funny, I see one with Tardis4 every once in a while.

I have a nice plate on my Mini Cooper.. Its TOOCOOL. Would post a pic but I dont have a place to store it and not going to go sign up for a free place to post it. :D

AATGTC

It's our family initials, but it looks like a DNA sequence. Having PhDs in molecular biology, our friends get this part. But furthermore, when you translate the DNA sequence to protein sequence and use a single-letter code representation, it becomes N V, which sounds like Envy, but also reminds nVidia which is my SLI system. Four geekiness in one! :D

TinyPic.com is a no-nonsense host too and you can auto-resize to keep the forum mods happy. No account is needed. It's where I put all my cat pics.

Ouch that pic is huge hope I dont get in touble..that sure didnt look that large when I put it on imgur

hmm so Michigan is limited to 7 letters,,, SO I cant do I000I0I...

I still have two sets of plates that I have had in the past; like ten years ago: AMDRULZ and KIKAIDA.

The AMD one used to be relevant, but not for a number of years now. :p

I still have two sets of plates that I have had in the past; like ten years ago: AMDRULZ and KIKAIDA.

The AMD one used to be relevant, but not for a number of years now. :p

AMD was doing pretty well until the 680 series came along. Not so well against anything labeled "core" or "i3/5/7". Chances aren't that bad for the 8xxx series.

Around 2000 a cow-orker had "y2k" on his neo-beetle.

Guido van Rossum had "python" when he lived in Virginia. No idea if he could get it in California.

Hah! I saw one this morning that said "SQLWSRD". Dude was driving a 5 series BMW.

I had this one for 7 years until AZ took it from me. I miss it so...

7pVX5.png

Excellent. Why'd they take it away?

The state had received a complaint that it was offensive. My buddy who lives in a different city had "WTFSTFU" and got the same letter the same week meaning they obviously did an internal sweep of some kind.

The state had received a complaint that it was offensive. My buddy who lives in a different city had "WTFSTFU" and got the same letter the same week meaning they obviously did an internal sweep of some kind.

Such a shame.

LMAO, this article reminded me of the guy from Virginia with an "EATTHE" kids first license plate that was revoked by the DMV.

Always wanted to get "TARDED" for one of my motards...

I saw a red Jeep covered in mud driving down the freeway a few years ago. The license plate was ASCII27.

I used to know some guy (total geek, must have weighed 400 pounds and had a huge neck beard). Anyway, his plate read USE BSD.

Back