Crooks Steal $12k Worth of Diablo III Games

HardOCP News

[H] News
The funny thing about this story? The crooks didn't steal $12,000 worth of Diablo III games all at once, these guys have made dozens of trips to stores all across the state. :eek:

The two unidentified men dubbed the "Diablo Suspects" (pictured above in several security camera photos) have stolen more than $12,000 of Diablo III copies as well as some Microsoft Home and Business software, according to WANE in Fort Wayne, Indiana.

Seems like a pretty worthless thing to steal, as I imagine blizzard can brick the accounts tied to the copies, not only that the game itself is meh.

They should have just stolen $12k worth of manure, same result but might be more useful...

Suddenly an influx of Diablo III, MS Home, and a bunch of accounting software surged onto Ebay and Craigslist.

So...they stole garbage? Why didn't they just come to my house, I have plenty of garbage in my cans. It's also free.

I get this strange feeling that Diablo 3 isn't a very good game.

Be glad you didn't waste $60 on it. I was one of the ones that got duped. Torchlight 2 at a 1/3 of the price is showing it up in almost every way.

Seems like a pretty worthless thing to steal, as I imagine blizzard can brick the accounts tied to the copies, not only that the game itself is meh.

They could if they inventoried every physical copy that left the warehouse. But I'm pretty sure each retail box just has standard barcode with no way of tracking what copy.

Be glad you didn't waste $60 on it. I was one of the ones that got duped. Torchlight 2 at a 1/3 of the price is showing it up in almost every way.

I got duped as well, but for the $100 collector's edition and about 2 and a half hours of my time waiting for it. Apart from the game and the trial codes, nothing has even left the box. I was so letdown with the game after the first night I didn't even feel like going through all the stuff that came with it.

I got duped as well, but for the $100 collector's edition and about 2 and a half hours of my time waiting for it. Apart from the game and the trial codes, nothing has even left the box. I was so letdown with the game after the first night I didn't even feel like going through all the stuff that came with it.

When I first played Master of Orion 3, I was the same way. Then, in about a month or so, I went back to it and started having tons of fun. I still play it once in a while and my cat likes it a lot since he can either hit the mouse cursor or sleep in my lap since it keeps me glued to the screen for long enough for him to get comfy.

Aw, kitty! <3

i6a42d.jpg

When I first played Master of Orion 3, I was the same way. Then, in about a month or so, I went back to it and started having tons of fun. I still play it once in a while and my cat likes it a lot since he can either hit the mouse cursor or sleep in my lap since it keeps me glued to the screen for long enough for him to get comfy.

Aw, kitty! <3

i6a42d.jpg

LOL! Kitty again. Nice. And he covers himself like a person. :confused:

What the hell.

Now THIS is stealing. Piracy is only copying. Take note RIAA ;)

But why anyone would want to steal this is beyond me.

Now THIS is stealing. Piracy is only copying. Take note RIAA ;)

But why anyone would want to steal this is beyond me.

Yeah, I think except that to steal something means it actually has to have value...

if it has no value is it really stealing? :D

Dumb criminals. Why would anyone steal the worst game ever? Funny thing is that Blizzard is probably happy about it. I mean the people who buy the stolen games are going to have to pay for their gear just like everyone else, lol.

Yeah, I think except that to steal something means it actually has to have value...

if it has no value is it really stealing? :D

value now or when its devalued by gamestop? i'm thinking a little more column a, column b

You know it's bad when the collectors edition value plummeted almost 50%. I can't get anyone to buy this thing off me now. Will have to find a die-hard WOW pet collector.

Though I'm in the same boat as to "why would you want to steal that" I happen to be one of the people that actually like the game. I've got TL2 also, and though it's got some neat features, it's not as "engaging" as D3 is. I do hate the game economy though, and any "good" gear I have I've found. A small minority of D3 billionaires snap up anything good on the auction house and horde it for profit on the rmah. Then there's the idiots that will pay $200 real money for a piece of chest armor. :rolleyes:

It is like and MMO in it's Grind Factor though. I just happen to enjoy the game mechanics.

They're slowly upping the drop rates every patch. Typical Blizzard content throttling, because they can't make deadlines, but they're damn good at it.

I wish most people would just stop playing it suddenly so Blizzard gets the idea. I know i won't be coming back until the PvP patch. I have no doubt it'll be great then.

That is why I don't understand this fad with pre-orders.

I have never and will never preorder a game. I want to see reviews first, possibly download a "trial", then buy it if I like it.

Did that with Civ5 (and all expansions), Starcraft II, and Portal II, and I'm a happy camper.

When I first played Master of Orion 3, I was the same way. Then, in about a month or so, I went back to it and started having tons of fun

I wish I could say the same... but I can't. MoO3 was all sorts of levels of broken as far as the fun department.

That is why I don't understand this fad with pre-orders.

I have never and will never preorder a game. I want to see reviews first, possibly download a "trial", then buy it if I like it.

Did that with Civ5 (and all expansions), Starcraft II, and Portal II, and I'm a happy camper.

I will only preorder games I have real confidence in.

Borderlands 2, Half Life 3 (whenever...), Portal 2, and a few others. Besides that, nope, I can wait for reviews and a few price drops/good sales.

Never played any Diablo besides the last one, but all my friends told me it was the bomb. So I went ahead and signed up for 1 year of WoW to get the D3 offer.

Damn, that was fast. I was expecting a lot more lore-wise. It was all over so fast and that bad guy Diablo was all the time playing spooky-spooky with me and my friends... gah. Played it a little more and got bored fast. Never again. Waste of money.

WoW also sucks balls right now and I'll be paying for that until next year. Damn, I put together a new rig to play these games and now I can't stand both of them.

Oh well. Should've bought Torchlight 2 on pre-order, if only to support a smaller dev who seems to give a shit. Come to think of it, I guess I'll buy it anyway. Need something to play right now!

I wish I could say the same... but I can't. MoO3 was all sorts of levels of broken as far as the fun department.

It was a lot in how I thought about it...and there's a bunch of fan made stuff that was added to make it work a little differently...that helped. But the thinking thing. Unlike a lot of games that call themselves strategic but are actually just tactical, Moo3 really is supposed to be about high-level empire management which abstracts a lot of stuff from direct player involvement. It doesn't suit everyone to play like that, but I really enjoyed just giving broad directives and letting the game AI figure out what to do in specific with those directions. Its kitty-style leadership. I meow for food and let the humans to figure out how to cook it and put it on my plate. Rawr!

So they stole a bunch of steaming piles of poo. I bet Blizzard is thrilled, they'll count them all as sales.

I bought the game at release. Installed it, played to lvl 10 Barb and thought it was meh. Just recently my die-hard Diablo 2 friend finally convinced me to try it again after the latest patch, and I have to say I've been enjoying it now that I have the mechanics worked out. It's not a single player game by any means but I find great pleasure in massacring large hordes of enemies to try and break my combo record.

Got to agree it's likely the worst game Blizzard has released, but I'm hoping they patch it up to being a great experience in the years to come. That's what I like about Blizzard games; they really dedicate themselves to maintaining and improving their games over the year.

Is anyone old enough to remember saying pretty much the same thing about WOW a couple months after its release?

What is this, a story about a guy downloading 1 copy of Diablo 3 illegally?

Wow, they took the most useless part of the game

I bought Diablo 3 for full price on release day, I've gotten more fucking use out of the diablo 3 style paper pad that came with the fucking game then the game itself

If only my past self would have known I was paying $60 for a paper pad

Wow, they took the most useless part of the game

I bought Diablo 3 for full price on release day, I've gotten more fucking use out of the diablo 3 style paper pad that came with the fucking game then the game itself

If only my past self would have known I was paying $60 for a paper pad

at least the box makes a nice doorstop

Back